“Quaint and quiet with wonderful hosts who's personality and hospitality won us over”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsfield
Casa Bella Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Pittsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We had a great stay at casa bella inn. We will definatley be returning and look forward to the delicious homemade breakfast. Susan and Franco made us feel very welcome. Our room (#2) was very roomy and it was a nice touch to return each day to find out beds made

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank dcpc220
Susfra, Owner at Casa Bella Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
That was really nice of you to take the time to write a review, very much appreciated.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Sincerely, Susan and Franco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Just stayed in Casa Bella this past weekend. Wonderful place to stay Susan and Franco made us all more then welcome food was amazing and will be coming back again very soon. Great location close to all skiing resorts.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kerri M
Susfra, Owner at Casa Bella Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Franco and I thank you for taking time to write a review.
It was such a pleasure having you, your husband and friends
stay with us. We thoroughly enjoyed your company and "chats".
Great snow this year so hope to see you soon.
Preston
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I don't think I've ever stayed anywhere that I've been made to feel more welcome. The day we arrived had been a real mixture - started with a flat tyre in New Hampshire - saw an old friend we'd not seen for ages at lunchtime in Montpelier, Vermont and then had a frustrating 6 hour wait to get the replacement car due to successive errors by the car rental company. By the time we arrived at Casa Bella it was dark, raining and we were really fed up. As we pulled up outside Franco and Susan came out to greet us and help with luggage etc and within minutes the hassles of the day were a distant memory as we sat comfortably enjoying a conversation with the most charming of hosts. The bedroom was great and, as others have commented, Franco's cooking was fantastic. We can wholeheartedly endorse all the positive reviews which Susan and Franco have earned - if this stay didn't merit "Excellent" then I don't know what does. I guess lots of places can provide good accommodation and food - with Franco and Susan it goes beyond that - you're made to feel like family.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rovers09
Susfra, Owner at Casa Bella Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you so much for such a glowing review, very much appreciated. We thoroughly enjoyed your company and our little chats. We are pleased to have made your stay comfortable, especially after having such an "interesting" trip getting here. All the best, Susan and Franco
Philadelphia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I just stayed at Casa Bella Inn this past weekend while photographing a wedding down the road at Riverside Farms. Not only was the location fantastic but the owners, Susan and Franco, were incredibly kind, accommodating hosts. The room was comfortable and adorably decorated and the breakfasts were delicious! Everything from the fresh fruit to the tea and entree were lovingly and carefully plated and laid out. It's clear Susan and Franco take great pride in their Inn and Restaurant. When I'm back up this way I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank want2seeitall
Franco and I thank you for such a lovely review. It is our pleasure to take care of our guests and be sure they are having a good Vermont experience. Regards, Susan
Lake George, NY
Reviewed 15 April 2012

If you want warm, welcoming and wonderful; run, don't walk, to the Casa Bella Inn! the innkeepers, Franco and Susan, are the most charming and accommodating hosts you'll ever find. They are thoroughly attentive to their guests yet know when to give you privacy as well. They truly make you feel "at home" during your stay. Our room was cozy and perfect and the meals that Franco prepares are a treat not to be missed. I could write several paragraphs describing our wonderful time at the Casa Bella Inn but I'll simply refer you to all of the other reviews and assure you that a trip to Pittsfield, VT to experience this inn will not disappoint you!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JayBanker
Jamaical, NY
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I am sure that you have noticed that every Casa Bella Inn review that was written prior to this one was very positive. I am also sure that every review following this one will also be extremely positive. There is a definite reason for this. There are no negative reviews is because this has to be one of the best modestly priced B&B Inns in all of New England. My granddaughter and I are skiers. We have spent many Presidents' Day holiday weeks in New England B&B’s, so we know what we are talking about. Skiers tend to require just good food and a comfortable place to sleep. But the Casa Bella Inn goes way beyond those two requirements. The hosts, Susan and Franco, are warm, extremely hospitable, and also quite engaging. They have developed the knack of efficiently managing a top-notch B&B, being fantastic hosts, while simultaneously feeding you well and ensuring your privacy when you desire quiet moments.
Let me tell you about this place called Casa Bella Inn. It was initially built as an Inn and goes back as far as 1835. Susan and Franco have owned and managed the Inn for approximately ten years. The renovations made under their management have modernized the inn without destroying its 19th century character. They turned it into a home away from home, and focused on making the inn warm and inviting. In the parlor (or living room) the stuffed sofas and chairs beckon you to come in and sit down. And when you do sit down, you will find them extremely comfortable. After a hard day of skiing, I had to make sure that I wouldn’t slump over and fall asleep. The original pot-bellied stove that use to provide heat for the entire inn during the 19th century has been refurbished and has a place of honor in the living room.
The inn’s bedrooms were not only immaculate; they were also very tastefully decorated. My “picky-picky” teenage granddaughter loved our room so much that she didn’t miss or ask to watch television. During the latter part of the evenings we sat on our room’s very comfortable rug and played such board games as scrabble (which we borrowed from the living room’s inventory of many board games).
And then there were the meals. Franco is an absolute gourmet chef when it comes to meals. His omelets were perfectly cooked and delicious. His waffles were light and fluffy. And you must have at least one evening meal prepared by Franco. I recommend that you ask Franco to prepare for you his signature dish of Shrimp Fra Diavolo, accompanied with his black bean soup. I guarantee you that this dish is a real gourmet experience.
When you stay at Casa Bella Inn, you feel that you are experiencing the best of two ages; the grandness and semi-opulence of staying at a 19th century inn, while simultaneously having all the modern conveniences of 2012 that make an overnight stay comfortable. My granddaughter and I attempt to ski at different places each year for the Presidents’ Day holidays. She has already asked if we can return to Casa Bella next year. I have already agreed and promised her that if God is willing and everything goes well for us in 2013, we will definitely visit again. In closing, I suggest that you visit Casa Bella Inn in the very near future. Susan and Franco may be contemplating retirement, and the prospect of lodging at Casa Bella Inn should be experienced by every seasoned traveler who does not have money to waste.

Room Tip: Room #2 is ideal if you are traveling with someone other than your spouse of significant other I tr...