“They may have and show some nice rooms but mine was a nightmare. We refused to stay and found another motel.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salt Ash Inn

Salt Ash Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Plymouth B&B and Inns
greenville sc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I don't mind small, rustic, sparce and am in no way a prude but the room the manager or owner showed us to was nasty, creepy and cold. When my wife asked where the heat was he said they didn't turn it on until November. The lobby looked like it hadn't been used in years. It is the first time I have refused to stay in a room that I had already booked and paid for. He said they were completely booked for the night but when I drove by the next morning there were still no cars.

Room Tip: He said they were booked so the only room we saw was the one he showed. The pictures on the website...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rusty h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

• Service: Satisfactory, Friendly, Helpful. We stayed twice and will return.
• Room: Coolidge is best double room. We liked it very much - attractive, comfortable. Check choices on Web site.
• Location: Near: Okemo, Killington, Woodstock
• Breakfast on weekends: Plentiful and good
• Best = Value. Free Wi Fi. Worst = Minor repair sometimes needed.

Room Tip: Coolidge is best for a couple
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 4FHS4
Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Bed and Breakfast means a nice place to sleep and I expect a good breakfast in the morning. Well they did good pretty good with the breakfast, but they decided to add a common area (a bar) on the first floor and the noise carried right into our room. I was kept up until 2:00am! No a pleasant experience when I was on the mountain all day and needed to get a good night sleep for the next day of being back on the mountain. I would never recommend this B&B to a friend and will never go back again. Also the place was completely abandon when I got there. No one to welcome me and tell me where my room was, just a key in an envelop with my name on the front. Not a good way to start the experience and then things just got worse as I mentioned.

Room Tip: As far away from the bar as possible if you don't have any other B&B options.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

8 Thank Heidi N

Travellers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

After booking this place for the first time through Killington website, my friends and I really enjoyed staying at this place for every ski trip this past season there after. The owner is super friendly and accommodating. Its small and very clean, it makes you feel comfortable and cozy. They also have breakfast in the morning (did I mention they make fantastic scrambled eggs?). They also provide free wifi, although sometimes it may be because there was a full house and I was on the top floor it did not work as well, but as soon as I went downstairs I have access to it. The bar area is self serve. You can bring in your own beer or even keg and hook it up. There is also plenty of board games and a pool table for when you just want to cozy up and chill out after a long day of snow filled activities. I know maybe some people might complain about this but there's no cell phone signal available. I don't really care because I drive up from the craziness of NYC and it feels great to disappear off the grid for the weekend. You can also make calls through the landline if necessary. They are also super close to the gondola for Killington which is great! I really enjoyed my stay here and I'll probably be back again for the next ski season!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank KyoujiRan
Avon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stopped at Salt Ash Inn and stayed on the way back from a ski vacation in Northern Vermont. We needed to be near Ludlow (Okemo) the next morning so Plymouth was a great location. The inn is absolutely charming. The room we staying in was small but beautifully decorated. The bed was comfortable and the Inn is committed to energy conservation (a nice touch). The room had a well appointed private bathroom. The price and location can't be beat. We traveled over to Woodstock for a spectacular dinner, but there are other restaurants much closer. We will definitely be returning. This is a great find.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dcaldharma
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

My family and I accompanied a group of college students for a weekend of spring skiing with some nearby friends. The Salt Ash offered a great base of operations for Killington and a casual place to unwind in the evening. We slept well, ate well at breakfast, and had any and all of our questions answered by the friendly staff. The pool table, chess, and collection of games kept all ages engaged and away from screens for hours at a time. We highly recommend!

Room Tip: Plymouth room spacious and comfortable with big, updated bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank JMHrab
Bolton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Our second trip was as great as the first. The owner is very friendly and accommodating. The Inn is the quintessential Vermont experience, also very clean and comfortable. We loved the family style set-up that gave the kids their space while we had ours.

Room Tip: Plan ahead on where to dine since the Inn is not in close proximity to many restaurants.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank kate c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland - Killington

Been to Salt Ash Inn? Share your experiences!