“Excellent”
Review of Salt Ash Inn

Salt Ash Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Had a great time this weekend! The inn keeper was super nice and really helpful. Our previous accommodations had fallen through and so we literately had to find a new hotel for six people and four nights in three hours. Al was great and really understanding. He responded fast and cleared up all of our questions. In addition he and the restaurant/bar staff treated us like family. If you are looking for a place thats really relaxed and laid back this is it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The Salt Ash Inn in the town of Plymouth is a great place to stay. The Inn’s location is prefect for traveling to local ski stations, shopping and site seeing – highlights are Woodstock (great for shopping) and the Billings Farm and Museum.

The rooms were clean and comfortable – very quaint. The décor brings one back in time and the shelves are well stocked with books. There is no cell phone service but each room is equipped with a phone. Coffee and tea were on hand each morning with a variety of breakfast choices. Although we were not able to take advantage of the new restaurant, the food smelled wonderful.

The staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Room prices were reasonable. We had our dog with us, and it worked out well. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My wife and I stayed on Saturday, Oct 12, 2013. The location is remote and to get some food you need to drive for a while. Our room is first mis-assigned to third floor (the stair is steep and narrow and we need to drag our luggage up and down). OK, we understand this thing happens. After we are relocated to second room on second floor, we found the sink is leaking. Call the front desk person and he can't fix it. He even totally break the faucet, sink and pipe. We are asked not to use the sink and he feel sorry. Since the B&B is fully booked that night, he can't switch the room for us. We are forced to use shower to wash our hand, face and even teeth. Not to mention the shower space is so limited and small.

After this very inconvenient stay, I contacted the Inn and expressed our disappointed feeling and experience. The Inn expressed their sorry and promised to reimburse $50 to us (I spent $160/one night). This response makes us feel their responsibility, but didn't last for a long time. The thing is: we never received the check they claimed they sent. This process took around one month (I needed to keep sending several email to get one response). OK, they promised to sent another check. After several weeks waiting, no check delivery again. So I needed to go over this process again. It should be fairly easy to sent a reimbursement check, but they just can't do it. Finally, they agreed to sent the reimbursement through PayPal (why not send through PayPal in the beginning?) and I received it after more than 2 months negotiation.

We are not people without empathy and we did understand this kind of thing (the broken utility) inevitably happens sometimes. However, the way they handled it is very disappointed. We didn't feel respected or they tried to be responsible during the whole process.

2  Thank dahw
Reviewed 25 October 2013

lucky for us we has only booked one night here .unfortunatley they have no facilaties what so ever you can't even have a cup of tea in the morning.
Linen and towels were fine but the rest of the room was very dusty you could write your name on the mirror and the lamps were the same.
You have to travel about 11 miles to eat and get breakfast.
I feel they only cater for the sking crowd so any other time of year it is a waste of time as they are not really intrested. As for being fully booked we think someone else arrived during the night so that made 2 rooms booked,we never saw another soul.
Its a shame just needs some tlc and care .

Room Tip: Go for the cheapest as all are equally bad.
2  Thank lillyKent
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I don't mind small, rustic, sparce and am in no way a prude but the room the manager or owner showed us to was nasty, creepy and cold. When my wife asked where the heat was he said they didn't turn it on until November. The lobby looked like it hadn't been used in years. It is the first time I have refused to stay in a room that I had already booked and paid for. He said they were completely booked for the night but when I drove by the next morning there were still no cars.

Room Tip: He said they were booked so the only room we saw was the one he showed. The pictures on the website...
1  Thank rusty h
Reviewed 7 October 2013

• Service: Satisfactory, Friendly, Helpful. We stayed twice and will return.
• Room: Coolidge is best double room. We liked it very much - attractive, comfortable. Check choices on Web site.
• Location: Near: Okemo, Killington, Woodstock
• Breakfast on weekends: Plentiful and good
• Best = Value. Free Wi Fi. Worst = Minor repair sometimes needed.

Room Tip: Coolidge is best for a couple
1  Thank 4FHS4
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Bed and Breakfast means a nice place to sleep and I expect a good breakfast in the morning. Well they did good pretty good with the breakfast, but they decided to add a common area (a bar) on the first floor and the noise carried right into our room. I was kept up until 2:00am! No a pleasant experience when I was on the mountain all day and needed to get a good night sleep for the next day of being back on the mountain. I would never recommend this B&B to a friend and will never go back again. Also the place was completely abandon when I got there. No one to welcome me and tell me where my room was, just a key in an envelop with my name on the front. Not a good way to start the experience and then things just got worse as I mentioned.

Room Tip: As far away from the bar as possible if you don't have any other B&B options.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
8  Thank Heidi N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
9 mi away
Summit Lodge & Resort
Summit Lodge & Resort
#3 of 13 in Killington

Been to Salt Ash Inn? Share your experiences!