“A small retreat center with big charm & beauty!”
Review of Good Commons

Good Commons
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Good Commons
“A small retreat center with big charm & beauty!”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have been to Good Commons two times now. Both stays were perfection. Tesha and Matthew make you feel at home. The location is picturesque, the food is outstanding and the vibe is always light and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I officiated a 50 person wedding at GOOD COMMONS last year and it was, without a doubt, one of the best weekends of my life. Later in the year I was invited back to help teach at a renewal retreat weekend. This little jewel of a retreat is incredible whether to spend with family or friends, or even to fly solo at one of their meticulously planned and super fun retreat weekend. Tesha is the hostess with the mostess: you will never feel more taken care of. Matt's food will please even the most finicky of New York foodies: simply remarkable. Former artists from New York, they create a vibrant energy in which to relax and enjoy yourself. I can't imagine anyone not loving their time here. This area of vermont is incredibly special and they help to make it even more so. "Quality time" is redefined here-- a week or weekend at good commons, whether to imbibe in a lavish food and wine retreat or unwind with yoga, is time extraordinarily well spent.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Margaret N
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 29 January 2011

To say that Good Commons is a hotel, is a misnomer. An amazing vacation home? Closer. A cozy bed and breakfast? Maybe. I guess what makes Good Commons so good is that it can be whatever you want it to be.

My husband and I joined the Winter Expedition retreat featuring amazing food, spectacular wines, and incredible people. We spent our days skiing on two incredible mountains and our nights meeting new and interesting people and partaking in homecooked specialities courtesy of Chef Matthew. Since this was a retreat, all the planning was taken care of. Of course, you can create your own retreat by calling and arranging your own customized getaway or just book a retreat that has already been created for you. I think they have a few yoga retreats and recharge weekends scheduled all season long.

We were welcomed to our weekend with a family style meal of beef bourginon shepherd's pie. We even had a gluten free version for our gluten free guests. Dinner was superb and included the chance to get to know our fellow travelers while breaking bread. The next night we had a generous wine tasting menu with courses to match. It was like eating and drinking at a 5 star restaurant. We even found some new wines to enjoy!

We stayed in Bedroom 3 which has it's own shared bathroom with Bedroom 4. And what a bathroom! A steam shower to relax your muscles after a long day sliding down Okemo or Killington Mountain resorts. The beds are super comfortable. The down comforters and soft sheets made us forget how cold it was outside.

The second floor living room is a great place to relax, read a book, take a nap or catch up with your fellow traveler's tales of the day. Good Commons even has a whole house sound system where you can plug in your iPod or phone. Each common area can select a source including your iPod or a friends. It was awesome to experience my vacation with my own little relaxing sound track.

Even better? Rosalie and Marcus at the ready to give you a fantastic massage at the end of a long day on the slopes. We even had a nightly yoga class to limber up those tight muscles. And I can't forget the hot tub which even in the snow is an awesome way to relax. I can't think of a better way to recharge than great food and wine, yoga and massage, can you?

Our retreat had shuttle service to the mountain at scheduled times on the Good Bus driven by the adorable Good Commons owner Tesha. Her enthusiasm and love for this place shines through. The house is a labor of love and her commitment to positive energy and an enjoayble time for all is apparent. I dare you to stay a weekend (or week) at Good Commons and come away feeling anything but....inherently, organically and authentically GOOD.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Just spent a long weekend under the care of lovely Tesha, skiing Okemo and Killington. WIth the comfortable ride on the Good Bus, which incl. pick-up in cantorial Manhattan, snacks and wine tasting; charming and equally comfortable rooms in a lovingly restored house; hot tubbing after the days on the slope to which we were ferried, again on the Good Bus; restorative yoga led by Marcus; dinners expertly prepared by Chef Matthew with wine pairing provided by sommelier Kristen and the company of many amazing people, I really had the best time!!

Being Gluten Intolerant, I particularly appreciate the care taken to accommodate my dietary needs. Knowing that I can trust what is prepared is not cross-contaminated, and also know that it's equally delicious, is by no means something I find everywhere!

Knowing that Tesha caters for virtually anything, I can really recommend this lovely spot to anyone that wants to organize a special event or a group/family gathering.

This is the second time I've been and I'm sure I'll find a good reason to return!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I stayed here with friends for my husband's 50th birthday party last March. The owner couldn't be more helpful answering all my questions and going the extra mile for me. Tesha is the best. We spent a day skiing at Okemo and one day snowmobiling. One of the nights we hired one of her chefs to cook us all a meal and it was top knotch. Everyone was very very pleased with the accomodations and the loft room was alot of fun for the few kids that was there. They had there own section of the house. I think of this trip often. Great memories with great friends in a great house.

Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2010

They have retreats all year round, but the wine and food retreat I attended was all about just that, wine and food, with a little excursions thrown in.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends

Been to Good Commons? Share your experiences!