“DISHONEST BUSINESS PRACTICES”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pownal
MA
“DISHONEST BUSINESS PRACTICES”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had a reservation through Hotels.com that I tried to change due to death in the family. Hotels.com talked with the hotel on Aug. 4th and he told me they agreed to change my reservations without a fee. Two days later my credit card was charged for the full amount. I called hotels.com and they said that I had to talk with Ladd Brook directly. They denied ever talking to Hotels.com and said that Hotels.com had billed me and I needed to get my money back from them. Hotels.com says they are not the billing source, Ladd Brook Inn is and they should refund my money. So I am stuck with a bill for a room that I didn't stay in. I have since cancelled my future reservation with this hotel and will not ever stay there--especially after reading reviews like "stay in you car instead". Had I read those first, I would never have made a reservation at this shoddy business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank M.J. N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed for couple nights at this place. Room was nice and tidy with great view of mountains. Staff at the front desk gave us very warm welcome and very polite and friendly, Very close to Williamstown and bennington. Nice and tasty breakfast. We go to bennnington every year to see friends, And this would be my only choice to stay from now on. Amazing place, will come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ken1034900
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The room I stayed was odor. In the other room, my daughter suffered from the blanket's dust kept coughing for more than 3 hrs. Both rooms looked broken-down, windows were dirty, lamps had dust, the heat cover were rust, wall-paper broken, some blankets got holes, breakfast table had a dead insect between the cloth and the transparent glass, few items for continental breakfast without napkin...... The room was worth at most $70 per night, but they charged $140.94.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MomOfTheFamily

Travellers are raving about these Pownal hotels

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed at the Inn in June. Where to begin....Awesome location, wonderful view, great value rooms, Clean and tidy rooms, Friendly staff made me and my wife's stay very comfortable. Loved the Belgian waffles in the breakfast. Even my wife could not figure out the secret ingredient....had to ask....and it was Cinnamon!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

On the spur of the moment, my wife and I decided to go up to the Mohawk trail. Unfortunately, going at the last minute, there were slim pickings for hotels, which is how we ended up at this place.

Where to begin? The room smelled funny, with a slightly moldy smell drowned out by very strong air freshener. The chairs in the room were broken, there were dead bugs under the bed, the drawers all had gritty dirt in them, and the mattress was really uncomfortable. The bathroom was pretty clean, if a bit rusty, and they had recently retiled it, which was a nice touch. Outside, the pool was drained, but had captured a lot of rainwater, so it had a West Nile virus breeding ground vibe.

Overall, this is not the worst hotel that I've ever stayed in, but it is -- by far -- the most money I've ever spent to stay in a terrible motel. If this place had cost $35, I would have been happy; if it had been $60, I would have been satisfied. As it was, I paid over $150 to stay in a place that really needs a lot of work. I won't be back.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BruceWatson71
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This inn was comfortable and neat. The beds were very comfortable and the ammenties including the contenntial breakfast were pretty good. I looked at several places in the area as we were going to a wedding. The first thing that I liked was the price $59.00 for a queen sized bed. The woman Janet that checked us in was very welcoming and helpful with questions about the area. We slept soundly and when asked for a few more pillows were given them. My mom forgot a blazer at her house and the woman offered to lend my mother one of hers. We declined but that is going above and beyond hospitality. The next morning we took showers and the water was hot. It felt great and the water pressure was excellent. We went over for the conntential breakfast. Homemade blueberry muffins were delicious. We sat there for awhile and Janet again was there and as nice as she was the night before. If you ever find yourself in the Adams/No, Adams area, it is about a 25 min. drive and well worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mlforzese
Westminster, California
Reviewed 12 July 2011

While this place was basically clean, it left much to be desired. It is in desperate need of updating. We had a king size bed with mis-matched and scratchy sheets. On closer inspection the second night, i noticed that the top sheet was a queen size sheet. No wonder the bed seemed short-sheeted! The towels in the bathroom were worn extremely thin. The lock on the front door was so tempermental that we got locked inside more than once. This place was overpriced and i would not stay here again. Supposedly there was free wi-fi, but we could not get it to work in our room.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katiebc
bestvalueinnpownal_w, Manager at Ladd Brook Inn, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Dear katie bc,

Thank you for sharing a review about our motel. I apologize for any inconvenience encountered during your stay. Regarding the linens-we have an off-site linen company which provides us with full service linen cleaning and daily replacement. Due to our property having brick walls, the signal can be difficult to reach some of our guest rooms. We are speaking with our local ISP and entertaining the possibility of adding additional routers in the near future. We hope these corrective measures will improve the overall guest experience.

Regards,
Amar-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Pownal, VT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pownal
The Williams Inn
#4 of 8 in Bennington
Bennington Motor Inn
Bennington Motor Inn
#7 of 8 in Bennington

Been to Ladd Brook Inn? Share your experiences!