“The best place to stay with an excellent view,a great staff and awsome price”
Review of Ladd Brook Inn

Ladd Brook Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pownal
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I stayed with my husband and 18 month old son from 1st september till 11th september 2010. Firstly, it was the best deal i could get in that area @ $79 per night.
Secondly, They served excellent continental breakfast with a varied variety.
Thridly,The staff was fantastic and was ready to help with everything that I needed for the baby.
Then, The room was soo spacious....It kept my baby very very happy as he had a huge space to move around.
We stayed in room 114 and they seem to have just renovated it....Everything was gr8.

The bathrooms were the best part. They were fully functional and had heated water all through.

Lastly, I would strongly recommend this motel to everyone travelling with family as it is very light on your pocket and the staff is just superb.......The rooms r very very spacious and just soooo clean....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank nehasingla20
bestvalueinnpownal_w, Manager at Ladd Brook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Dear nehasingla20,

Thank you for sharing a review about our motel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and continental breakfast. Should you ever come back to the area, we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Amar-Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2010

My work keeps me on the road most of the times, and I have traveled a lot. I stayed at Americas Best Value Inn in Pownal, VT. A very nice and affordable place I must say. Not far from Williamstown (only 3 miles), and much much cheaper than the motels in town, with almost the same facilities. The staff was friendly and efficient. Right on Route 7, it is best location with great view of the mountains and lush green lawns.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank davidamithens

Dear davisamithens,

Thank you for sharing a review about our motel. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. I am glad to hear that you have made Americas Best Value Inn your home away from home.

Amar-manager

Reviewed 28 August 2010

Me and my family stayed here on August 13, 14 and 15, 2010. We came in to attend Williams College Theatre Festival. It is really close to Williams College. Our rooms were very nice and clean and the beds very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the housekeepers were very attentive. They served good continental breakfast. They have a wonderful view of Taconic mountains. We spent the hot days cooling down in the pool. We all left happy and very satisfied. Whenever we are in the area we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank samjones311

Dear Samjone 311,

Thank you for sharing your comments about our motel. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Regards,
Amar-Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed here for one night, and it was one night too many.
The room that we were given was a King, corner room. The bathroom was not functioning well as there was no hot water, some of the taps didn't work in the sinks and when water did come out (cold) it was chunky! Not a good sign. The towels were not clean at all, with rather disgusting stains on them.
There was mold and mildew in the room and it appeared it had not been used recently.
The bed had poorly fitting sheets and a slab of wood under the mattress. We didn't sleep well at all, in fact after a few hours of trying to rest the over powering smell and mold was too much for us and we asked to move to another room in the middle of the night. The second room was less moldy so we were at least able to get a few hours sleep before checking out as early as possible the next morning.
There was no wifi in the room.
There were gaps between the wall and the door that not only let the humidity and outside air in but obviously a good route for spiders and other creepy crawly type creatures.
The pool was poorly maintained, lots of flaked paint in the water and surrounding area.

Not a place I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AroundTheWorldin80yr

Dear AlbanyKevin,

Thank you for sharing a review about our motel. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than a perfect stay. I apologize for any negative experience you encountered with insects and mold odor. We are located in a wooded area which sometimes can bring insects onto the property. We have installed a new roof which should help with the room odors. We do have a local pest elimination company which treats the rooms routinely. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Amar-

Reviewed 19 August 2010

I had my reservation transferred to this hotel after the A.B.V. hotel I had originally booked with shut its doors unexpectedly. High(low)lights: The room smelled heavily of damp and mold, which was not alleviated by opening windows or running the air conditioner overnight. Ceiling tiles were broken and one- over the bed- had a hole in it that was stuffed with a plastic bag. The screen in the window facing the parking lot was sitting loose in the window frame and all of the window sills were covered with dead insects. The mold smell was so bad I couldn't stay for second night of my visit. For this I was charged a $179.99/night AAA member rate (the rate at the original hotel) for the room in this hotel, which normally charges $71.10/night as its AAA member rate. HUGE disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank AlbanyKevin
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I was there three nights. Cleanliness and basics were OK. Second day, around 4 a maid came by and asked if I would like clean towels- she never mentioned making up the bed. The third day, no one ever came by, so no clean towels and and no bed making nor trash emptying. I suspect I could have demanded such from the owner? manager, but I didn't.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2010

While the motel was not fancy, with tiles in shower buckling, it was clean. The room had been painted and a border put up, the sheets were clean and there was a fridge in room, with a notice there were some microwaves available.The owner offered to get up to make me coffee or Indian tea in the AM but he looked so sleepy after staying up till 2 to accomodate some of the runners from our race, I told him nevermind.Towels were clean, water was hot in shower, soaps and shampoo were supplied. The pool looked inviting but I skipped it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pownal
Vacation Village in the Berkshires
#7 of 13 in Williamstown
Berkshire Hills Country Inn
Berkshire Hills Country Inn
#4 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to Ladd Brook Inn? Share your experiences!