“Food, wine, hardware and more!”

Singleton's General Store
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We scoured Ludlow for a replacement stainless steel thermos to take coffee to Okemo Mt (rather than paying almost $3/cup!). A "local" suggested Singleton's and they had ONE on the shelf which we bought and found it to perform well. The staff was friendly and the variety of items they sell is amazing!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stepping into Singleton's General Store was like walking into the past. We loved the sandwiches and cheese selections. If we had a grill where we were staying - we would have purchased some of the fresh meats. This store has a bit of everything from gourmet foods to overalls. Make this a pit stop on your drive through Vermont's countryside.

1  Thank ReneeValdes
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This place is great - they have a large selection of wine/beer/spirits - many are locally produced in VT. They also have a sporting section with hunting/camping equipment, as well as guns and ammo. In addition to all this, Singleton's is also a small grocery store.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Tom Singleton is a Second Generation Grocer with a knack for knowing his market. When I was a kid, I lived next door to his Mom and Dad's old store in Reading. I played with Toms twin Brothers.

The new store in Proctorsville is what I would expect from someone who knows and loves his community. Eclectic and full of a variety of goods and collectibles, I could have spent hours there.

It was good to see Tom again. Thank you for the Vermont Hospitality my friend!

1  Thank Bill L
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is such a landmark in the Okemo Mountain area. We often stop here just to browse since the selection of items they sell is so eclectic. I have bought everything from gourmet jams to clothes and meat in this store. The staff behind the butcher counter is consistently great. Cashiers are efficient, but not particularly friendly - unusual for Vermont folks.