“Our favorite place fora stopover”

Golden Stage Inn Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have stayed at the golden stage twice now and I'm sure there will be a third. The food, service and friendliness are outstanding. We especially enjoyed the soup and yum, the cookies. It is our favorite place to stay between ski weeks.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Had a lovely stay here during our three week trip to New England in June.Mike and Julie are naturally friendly people and this was reflected during our stay.They are around when you need them which is important for guests.We had some great chats with Julie over delicous freshly cooked breakfasts.The inn is very cozy,comfortable and welcoming,we stayed in Otis's room which is tastefully furnished with with a large comfortable bed,the bathroom may be slightly small but immaculate.You get a feel of how it used to be back when it was built,thinking of the travellers passing through over the years.Julie gave us a trip to the hive which was very special,if you have never seen a colony of bee's before,which I hadn't this is a must see.Apparently the male bee's(drones) do not do much at all,kind of laze about,this is not common with humans :).All in all a lovely stay and if you are travelling from the UK or indeed from anywhere,make this a stop on your trip to the Okemo area.Thanks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

There's not much to say that hasn't been said already in reviews, but we had an absolutely fantastic time at the Golden Stage Inn with Mike and Julie!

As far as their hospitality goes, Mike and Julie provided wonderful, personalized service and interacted with their guests. At breakfast (which Mike cooks and Julie serves), they cater the meal to your dietary needs. There are two courses with juice, coffee and tea. They even had homemade honey, which was delicious! You could even see see the bee hive box outside. I always left breakfast very satiated! As for the endless cookie jar - Julie asked us for preferences and made peanut butter M&M cookies for us, since my boyfriend and I couldn't decide on one type. They were also both helpful with restaurants and ski rentals.

My boyfriend and I loved the inn itself. We stayed in the Otis room and it was great. Our bed was extremely comfortable. The room was very clean, and as a hotel housekeeping manager I have high standards! The shower was a little small, but otherwise, it was perfect. After skiing, we spent a lot of time in the living room. We read by the fire and played chess, something we usually don't have time to do. It was a really relaxing experience. I also loved Nellie, their dog, and Athena & Shadow, the sheep. Shadow is hilarious to watch, as she just follows Athena's every step.

Suggestions for dinner: The Downtown Grocery & Long Trail Brewery. The Downtown Grocery is not your average restaurant. It's more of a gourmet/fit for foodies restaurant, but done informally. You'd expect to find this restaurant in a big city, rather than a small town - so it's a really nice surprise.

Overall - we were very happy with our stay at the Golden Stage Inn. You can tell that Julie and Mike really care about providing exceptional service to their guests. This is the best lodging establishment in the Okemo area and I'd suggest it for anyone making a trip to Okemo!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DianaSchwartz
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Can't say enough positive about this Inn ! Julie and Mike were so kind, gentle and eager to please.
Spent only one night with my two sisters and mom -we had the top floor to ourselves...... Perfect!
We are still raving about the comfort of the beds!
Great breakfast the next morning.... Wonderful homey feeling.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Had a great stay at this B&B - Mike and Julie are terrific hosts - very warm, inviting, professional, helpful and make a great breakfast! We had an excellent night at the Inn - very quiet and the bed was the most comfortable we've ever experienced - soft sheets and very comfortable mattress.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Even though our family tends more to hotels and are not usually fans of B&Bs we decided to give the Golden Stage Inn a try based on the TripAdvisor reviews (all glowing five star reviews since Mike and Julie took over as owners). The reviews are spot on -- everything is great! One highlight is the food: wonderful home cooked breakfast (with special attention to dietary needs) -- some of the best breakfasts we've ever eaten -- and of course the bottomless cookie jar with tea, and hot apple cider and hot soup in the evenings. Mike and Julie were so friendly and solicitous, giving good recommendations about local restaurants, ski rental places, etc. -- they really made us feel "at home." Even their dog is very friendly! The location is very good -- at the end of a street, so quiet, but still very convenient to Ludlow and Okemo -- an easy less than ten minute drive away.
The Cavendish Suite nicely accommodated our family of four with comfortable beds and soft sheets and a nice shower.
A wonderful place to stay and well worth it!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Before visiting the Golden Stage Inn, I have to say I was wary of what to expect. Having only stayed at one B&B previous to this, I didn't have much experience outside of grand hotels and suspect roadside motels when it came to lodging options. From now on, I'm taking the middle ground! Mike and Julie were the most gracious hosts, always helpful and fun to chat with. We felt welcomed into their home and made comfortable in that way only family or very dear friends can offer.

Staying in the Cavendish suite was a real treat. The beds were cozy and oh-so snug, perfect for keeping warm indoors against the blistering cold of Vermont in January! And the new shower was nice and spacious. That makes a big difference, believe it or not. Breakfasts were wholesome and so much tastier than fare I've had in larger, more expensive hotels. And I appreciated the lightness of the offerings, neither leaving me feeling too famished nor too heavy when it came time to push away from the table and explore the surrounding Okemo valley.

As I told Julie, however, I have a particular weakness for choc. chip cookies, and their "never ending" cookie jar was a temptation I repeatedly succumbed to over the course of the long MLK weekend. Bad cookie jar, bad! And don't even get me started on the Saturday Night Chocolate Cake. Why must something so decadent be SO GOOD??? Why, Mike?

In the end, relaxing at the Golden Stage Inn one moth after the chaotic holidays was not only a welcomed necessity, but the best stay I could have ever asked for. Mike and Julie, thank you so much for being so genuine and making it all look so effortless. I don't know how you do it, but I'm so grateful you do.

I would come back in a heartbeat. And will someday soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank David B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Proctorsville
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
Castle Hill Resort And Spa
The Pettigrew Inn
The Pettigrew Inn
#2 of 8 in Ludlow

Been to Golden Stage Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!