“Just lovely”

Golden Stage Inn Bed and Breakfast
North Bergen NJ
“Just lovely”
Reviewed 22 March 2010

This was very original, awesome breakfast, great cookies in afternoon with a nice hot cider. Rooms are very clean and service is outstanding. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Methuen, MA
Reviewed 28 February 2010

This place was pretty good. I stayed there for a night after skiing Okemo. It was not my favorite BB, but it was nice enough. The rooms are big and the beds are comfortable, so yes it is a good nights sleep for sure. The breakfast was ok. The french toast was good, but they only gave you one small glass of OJ and no water. Also they did not serve any fresh fruit. I did not feel comfotable to ask them to have more oj or get some water, that was just the vibe I got form them. They did have cookies and warm apple cider on arrival, so that was nice. But for the price and compared to the looks of the area hotels/motels. It was a good choice.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
goldenVT, Owner at Golden Stage Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Please note that this review refers to the former ownership of Golden Stage Inn. All reviews dated Jan 2011 forward apply to the current owners (Mike and Julie). We hope to welcome you back and change your "pretty good" rating to an "Outstanding!" one.
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I happened upon the Golden Stage Inn when I was looking for accomodations in the vicinity of an art school offering weekend classes. The school's website gave a list of places to stay so, I checked each one's website. When I got to the Golden Stage Inn's website, I liked what I saw and booked a long weekend. Well, I found a gem! Sandy and Peter, the owners, are excellent hosts. Welcoming, friendly, and hospitable describe them perfectly.

The inn is 200 years old and has been lovingly kept. The guest rooms are spacious and furnished in antiques, yet Sandy's and Peter's personality is visible in the artwork and collections displayed. A delicious breakfast is offered in a sun-filled room with a lovely view onto the property and freshly baked treats are set out with the afternoon tea and coffee.

Sandy's favorite holiday is Halloween during which time they hold an annual open house. While I was not there for the event, I got to see photos of the incredible decorating she and her family had done. It could have been a movie set! Definitely, something you would want to see in person. Also, being in one of Vermont's premier ski areas, Sandy and Peter offer "Stay and Ski" packages throughout the ski season.

The beautiful area, the comfortable inn, and the generous hospitality extended by Sandy and Peter has impressed me to want to return again, soon.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Sandy and Pete, the owners, are very accomodating. We arrived late on a Friday night and Pete waited up for us to check in. The room Otis was spacious for a bed and breakfast, with a large bathroom attached, nand the bed was very comfy! In the morning we woke to the smell of bacon and went downstairs to the cute breakfast room with a big window overlooking the pond in the front yard. Sandy on the first morning served us fruit and yogert, apple strudel bread, and delicious blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and butter. The second morning she made a yummie frittata( but it was called something else).I can't forget to mention the bottomless cookie jar that I snaged homemade cookies from every time I walked through the room! All in all it was a great place central to all the quaint towna that we wantd to visit when we went on our leaf-peeping trip!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 23 September 2009

This was my 2nd time at The Golden Stage. Sandy & Peter treated us like returning friends. The Inn is lovely, the rooms cozy and the cookies are always fresh and yummy! It's in a perfect location, near Ludlow with great restaurants to eat at and roads made for cyling right out the door. And the delicious breakfast will help fuel your morning -- while the sitting room is just right for winding down after dinner, and before retiring to bed. This is truly a great place to discover and return to again and again.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
PA
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I love staying at this B&B - It's real Vermont experience complete with antiques, quilts and yummy homemade cookies inside, and rolling hills, New England architecture and even sheep outdoors. Peter & Sandy are helpful & friendly folks who provide the best "B&B" - The bedrooms are each decorated uniquely (and other reviewers are correct that sheets are out of this world!) and the breakfasts are delectable (with plenty of Vermont maple flavour!). I've recommended this place to friends who have enjoyed it as much as I have - We just love it! Hope you do too.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
Westchester, NY
Reviewed 27 May 2009

What a wonderful place to go. The rooms are lovely, with great beds/linens and spotlessly clean - as is the rest of the inn. The common rooms are comfortable and decorated nicely, as are the cozy dining areas where Sandy and Peter serve a scrumptious breakfast. They are the perfect hosts - warm, friendly, helpful and certainly not overbearing. I would recommend the inn wholeheartedly - we even have "our" room we like to go that often. Also, Peter is very helpful with bicycle routes!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Proctorsville
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
Inn Victoria
Inn Victoria
#1 of 9 in Chester
Castle Hill Resort And Spa

Been to Golden Stage Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!