stumbled onto this bed and breakfast after driving into vermont from manhattan. couldn't reach anything except a recording machine when we called, so with no other accomodation for the night and evening approching, drove out to the house
beautiful country. beautiful house. very quiet down a country lane. The inn keeper was very nice and showed me a room she had available (the peach room), with another room on the other side of the bath, perfect for my son.
We spent the night. magical in that it is an old house with creaky floors and crisp new england air. the inn was quiet but inviting, a nicely presented breakfast and light conversation with other guests and the inn keeper in the morning.
after breakfast we took a walk and overall a very nice find
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hickory Ridge House, a Vermont landmark listed in the National Register of Historic Places, has been an Inn for more than 20 years. Surrounded by peaceful gardens in the spring and summer and just a short walk to our local fresh water swimming hole. There is breathtaking foliage in the fall and a network of groomed cross-country ski trails in the winter. With eight elegant, romantic rooms, all with private bathrooms, Hickory Ridge House offers the perfect escape from today's hectic lifestyle. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hickory Ridge House Bed And Breakfast Inn
- Hickory Ridge House Hotel Putney
- Hickory Ridge House Bed & Breakfast Inn Putney, Vermont