My sister and I stopped here on a road trip through New England with our dog. We arrived in the evening and were greeted by Gill, and got good advice about finding carry-in food, which we enjoyed in our cottage. As we settled in, we found everything very thoughtfully arranged for our comfort and convenience. After an excellent night's sleep, we joined Gill on her lovely patio for a really memorable breakfast of freshest fruit, an omelet, and homemade scones, with excellent coffee. At our request, we had a tour of the main house, which is very lovely, with lots of nice touches and many choices for rooms. We had trouble bringing ourselves to leave and get on with our trip. We would love to return here, and we were glad to have learned about Hickory Ridge from Trip Advisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hickory Ridge House, a Vermont landmark listed in the National Register of Historic Places, has been an Inn for more than 20 years. Surrounded by peaceful gardens in the spring and summer and just a short walk to our local fresh water swimming hole. There is breathtaking foliage in the fall and a network of groomed cross-country ski trails in the winter. With eight elegant, romantic rooms, all with private bathrooms, Hickory Ridge House offers the perfect escape from today's hectic lifestyle. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hickory Ridge House Hotel Putney
- Hickory Ridge House Bed And Breakfast Inn
- Hickory Ridge House Bed & Breakfast Inn Putney, Vermont