“Excellent place to spend a few hours!!”
Review of Quechee Gorge

Quechee Gorge
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Quechee
More attraction details
Owner description: Locals think of this 165-foot gap as "Vermont's Grand Canyon."
Sarasota, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Excellent place to spend a few hours!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Simply Beautiful! I loved stopping here. You can park and walk out on the bridge and take in the beautiful views of the Gorge which is 163 feet down! Not for those afraid of heights probably. But, you can hike down the 1 to 1 1/2 mile trail and get to the bottom and take in the scenery that way. I have a sore foot and found that this was an easy hike down. It is slow and easy decline. it is gravel but on either side is pine needles to soften the walk. (the walk back up will take some time though) There is also a fence on the right side which I used quite a bit but that gave me a chance to stop several times on the way down to get amazing photos. If you do take the hike down, I advise you take some towels down with you becaue you can't help but get in the water once you see it. Or even wear a bathing suit. Everyone I was with ended up in the water. It was fun to watch!! I don't know if I would take little ones in the main area because the current is pretty swift! There are little pools of water around that are more calm for little ones. The water was COLD! But this was the clearest water I have ever seen. Would like to see it in the spring because I am sure the water is high and fast....

Massachusetts
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Nice views and hike”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We love the views from the bridge and the hike down is nice, little more work getting out... Well maintained trail and a few well placed benches. We were commenting that if this was NH there would most likely be a $15 fee to get in and walk around. Nice visitor center. Worth the stop if you are in the area.

Frenchtown, New Jersey
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Amazing Natural Beauty”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Wandering the roadways of Quechee we knew we had stumbled upon the Gorge when we spotted all the people leaning from the bridge. This is absolutely worth getting out of the car to photograph. It is a beautiful scene.

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Beautiful natural scenery”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The gorge is gorgeous! Hike down or just look from the bridge. Beautiful spot. We spent a while here, just taking it in.

Pomeroy, Ohio
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“WOW!!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Not very far from Brownsville VT. Very peaceful place with plenty of stores. Lots of hiking in this area

Visited July 2014