“Best memory ever!!!”

Balloons of Vermont - Private Flights
Midland, Texas
“Best memory ever!!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've been on a hot air balloon ride before, but this was over some PRETTY country. I loved everything about it. Our pilot, Darrek, was very friendly and put everyone at ease, and I think we all had good conversation. We flew further and longer than the other balloons that were out that evening. We landed in a field a few villages away, and the elderly gentleman who owned the property and his daughter came out to greet us. We all had a glass of champagne and toasted each other. Then, our new friend brought out MORE champagne and we had a blast. It couldn't have been better--well, going over the gorge would have been fun, too, but that will have to be next time.

Visited October 2013

Gatineau, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderfull Festival lots to see and do, scenic all around im from Canada and will shure to go back next year !!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Wonderful piece of country, First time up and will be there next year... Nice festival all around very scenic place to visit all around, clean and worm people

1 Thank audiocom
Brandon, VT
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“So cool...but”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I have been to this festival for the past 4-5 years, pre & post-Irene. This year's festival did not disappoint, except it had, in my opinion, a few glitches. The weather is never something that can be controlled or predicted, but it is difficult to wait...and wait....and wait. I understand it is for the safety of all, but nonetheless it is difficult to wait. The entertainment was fantastic and well-scheduled. It seemed to have a little bit of something for everyone, but I found that I had a lot of down time. I would like to see more vendors, as I think the space could handle more. I have very mixed feelings about the parking situation. I understand that the parking lot, due to Irene's damage, is now smaller, but parking over a mile away & being shuttled to the site was not convenient. If they continue to have the festival on the "green" I see no other choice, but it was a absolute NIGHTMARE getting out of the festival after the ascension of the balloons. There were shuttle busses running, but not nearly enough to handle the crowd. We decided to walk back to the vehicle instead of waiting, what would have easily been, over an hour for the bus. It might be good to reconsider the Marsh farm again, as last year; at least the parking lot was closer. The board of directors needs to reconsider this festival location; maybe it has outgrown its Quechee britches.

Somerville, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience! Don't miss this!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

It has been my husband's dream to go up in a hot air balloon, and what better place than in beautiful Quechee, VT. Balloons of VT provides an awesome experience from start to finish. Darrick is a great guide and provides good customer service all the way through - he explains everything, responds to questions, and is pretty good natured with a sense of humor.

First of all, being in a hot air balloon is like nothing else you'll experience, and you can go up high and see the landscape, and then Darrick will take the balloon down low and skim on the water! We had a beautiful day, and I can't say enough how amazing and fun it is to be up there. The balloon itself is also really beautiful.

After our morning flight, Darrick took us to the Trap Door Cafe for a delicious breakfast outdoors and we took in the views with our new friends. Thanks for this wonderful experience and really what a great gift!

Marlborough, Massachusetts
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Ballooning in Vermont”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is one of the most fun and memorable things we have ever done. Family and friends together with the excellent navigation and piloting skills of Darrek and his crew. The area around Quechee, VT is beautiful and it only gets more so with a little altitude. Darrek's skill with the Balloon is amazing and the overall experience is peaceful, beautiful and professional. We can not recommned this enough!!!

Visited May 2013