“poor service with average food”

Dana's by the Gorge
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stopped here for lunch after visiting the Gorge. We were asked to sit at any clean tables, however no menus were available. Ten minutes later we received the menus. After another 10 minutes later we received small glasses of water. Thirty minutes later our food. The chicken salad and bacon grilled cheese were good. The server did apologize for the wait, however, no discount was taken off the bill. I would not eat here again.

1  Thank 743Joanne56

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Probably the worst breakfast experience we've had in the past few years. The food, when it arrived, was at best luke-warm and we did not see our server again for a while.

I would not eat here again.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

It's an ok place; not bad but not a great experience either. Food is ok. Once I got the food, I have not seen the staff again (I wanted a water re-fill). Also, once I finished with meal, it took over 10 minutes get the check so that I can pay and get on my way. WiFi did not work (allows you to connect but has no internet).

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The service is very friendly, the food very ordinary. My wife had a decent chicken salad sandwich; I ordered a salad with smoked turkey / greens / fruit that didn't really score on freshness. The kids' menu had enough options to keep them happy. A reasonable family option, but don't go out of your way. I would come back to try breakfast.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Server was attentive and prompt. Delicious multi-grain blueberry pancakes! Location is great--right by Quechee Gorge. Would certain return.