“Cozy place with good food nestled in a charming location.”

Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm
Ranked #1 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place is super cute. Beautiful location by the river and has wilderness trails and the State Park nearby. The food is good, a little pricey but they have some good deals during the week including Fridays. Very clean and comfortable rooms. My only complaint was that the hallway where we stayed had doors that opened right into the dining room. It was annoying when we had bags and were trying to squeeze by the tables. Also if/when people were eating at the tables close by the door would bump into the chair when opened. Other than that I loved this place and we can't wait to go back and enjoy some warmer weather activities there.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The room was nice, we look forward to staying again but the center piece of this review was the absolute best meal I feel I've ever had. I'm still blown away how good it was and can't wait to come back. Wonderful wonderful and I don't give that out often.

Room Tip: Vermont Inn with a top shelf staff and restaurant.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank derek q
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were in the area of Quechee/Woodstock VT for a winter wedding - 3 couples. The Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm was the perfect place for us to stay. Rick and his staff were very helpful upon check-in. They made sure we were settled in our rooms, explained the amenities of the Inn (nice restaurant for dinner on the weekends, a bar, cozy sitting room with a fireplace and wonderful full breakfast included every day). Afterwards they helped us with suggestions for lunch and places to visit. We all decided we will be back to visit in the spring!

Room Tip: We had room 10 - king size bed, very sunny on the second floor - overlooking the back of the inn. R...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mntravelingmom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed at the Quechee Inn 2 times in the last 6 months while on business trips. I had Room 4 the first time and Room 5 just this past week. I can only speak to the room itself, the front desk service and the breakfast. The cross country skiing, snowshoeing or hiking in non-winter seasons looks like that would be really fun. Both times I arrived after hours and the key is left for me at the front desk. I really appreciate this as it gives me the ability to come in late after a business meeting or a long drive and enjoy a unique inn instead of a more typical hotel. I stayed in the main building both times and I love this building! I believe much of it is the original farm house and it looks like it. Wide pine floors, large living room area with a real wood fireplace, a bar and dining room. Narrow hallways lead to a few downstairs rooms and a stair case is in the back going up to other rooms. Both times my room was cozy and mostly comfortable. Both rooms had 4 poster beds with canopy and they were very comfortable beds. Both rooms had flat screen T.V., Room 4 it could be hard to see the TV from the bed, I didn't try that. Both rooms had tiny desks, just enough room for a lap top. Since I was staying only one night each time, this was fine for me. The bathrooms were clean, that's good. But both rooms needed a deeper cleaning. Funny thing I noticed is that the bases of the lamps behind the bed in both rooms needed dusting. This week when I was in room 5 I had to chuckle because as I turned on the lamp I could see that someone (a previous guest?) had run their fingers in a pattern through the dust. In room 5 the dresser and side table had crumbs on them, hum...also, in Room 5 there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. In room 4 there were major dust bunnies under the bed, I only noticed that as I plugged in my lap top. But the beds were very comfortable and clean; I felt secure about that. This Inn uses a water softener which I guess can be necessary if the water is too hard for the pipes. I hate water softener; it feels like I can't rinse the soap off.

This past week a couple families were staying at the inn; I sat next them at breakfast. Their rooms were above mine and luckily it seems they must have gotten up after me because after breakfast I could hear them above me very well, running, doors slamming, people and children talking. So if you're a late sleeper this might not be the place for you. Also, bring an eye mask (I use a face cloth), there are venetian blinds but they don't really block the morning light.

My first experience with breakfast was great, good tasting coffee (and they have a coffee station in case you want to bring a cup to your room) and they made omelets to order. Last week they only had a buffet but at least the eggs were real eggs and not a mix bought in advance. They were fresh and tasty with a little bit of cream cheese in them. Lots of other food on the buffet but since I have food allergies to gluten and don't eat meant, most of the rest of it wouldn't work for me.

My first visit the woman at the front desk was a bit surly, it left me with a bad feeling. This past week the woman at the desk was friendly and helpful.

Overall, despite the lack of cleanliness and the soft water I would like to try this place for a getaway weekend for skiing or hiking. Apparently there are beautiful waterfalls and views on the wooded property. I would request a quiet room with a more thorough cleaning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Vel122
Reviewed 22 February 2014

perfect timing for our mid-week getaway to vermont - 18 inches of new snow creating a winter wonderland! it was our first time to quechee/woodstock and we picked the perfect destination. the room, breakfasts, dinner, service, friendliness all a ten - and the common area - coffee bar, real wood fireplace always tended to, comfortable seating - wish we could give it a fifteen!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We just returned from our third trip to the Quechee Inn. We love the beautiful surroundings, the attentive staff, the relaxing common room and the excellent dining. We stayed in the main house upstairs in Room 8 which affords great views of the Ottaquechee River and the surrounding landscape. Our only complaint is that we could easily hear the guests in the adjacent room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

About 25 years ago, we spent a weekend at Quechee Inn with our extended family. Our three children were quite young at the time. I remember how welcome we felt at the Inn, children included, and how much we enjoyed the delicious food, cozy living room and outdoor winter activities. Upon researching places to stay for another winter weekend, this time without toddlers, we noticed a listing for the Quechee Inn. The inn was just how we remembered it; warm and welcoming, beautiful country decor, lovely spacious bedroom, and great food. We enjoyed the farm-fresh Vermont breakfast each morning. Dinner was beautifully presented and delicious. Even though there wasn't much snow, we were able to do some cross-country skiing on the Wilderness Trails. We were absolutely delighted with our return to the Quechee Inn. We won't wait 25 years to return again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Lebanon

Been to Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm? Share your experiences!