“Best New England Inn Dining So Far”

Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm
Ranked #1 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
“Best New England Inn Dining So Far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I dine at some of the greatest restaurants in the world and know good food. We didn't expect world class dining at this quaint 1793 Vermont Inn, but we got it. The Innkeeper, Rick Trahan, made sure there was a great bottle waiting for us, and provided some interesting wine discussion. Chef Ed Kroes prepared really top quality food, with wonderful sauces he slow cooked all day. Our young waitress, Page, was personable and attentive. A first class experience all around while feeling as if we could be sitting next to Mary Lincoln.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Earl H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My daughters and I needed a comfortable place to stay over Easter during our college tour. The Quechee Inn totally filled our expectations. A room to comfortably sleep three, a wonderful common area with beamed ceiling where we could use a table to play games. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, especially by squeezing us in for Easter dinner, part of the planning I forgot about. The food was delicious. Especially the hot breakfast buffet that was included with the room. The inn is across the street from a pond and small river, making a nice area to walk. Overall we enjoyed our stay very much and would love to come back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lebanon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to the inn to celebrate her birthday. It was our first time to eat here. Which was surprising with us just 9 miles away. She had the red snapper, I had the roasted duck. It was delicious! The place was packed and our waitress did the best she could. Lovely atmosphere, very comfortable, good food. We had the spring rolls for an appetizer. We thought at $10 for 2 rolls that was a little steep. They were yummy though. :) I would like to go back for our anniversary.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place is super cute. Beautiful location by the river and has wilderness trails and the State Park nearby. The food is good, a little pricey but they have some good deals during the week including Fridays. Very clean and comfortable rooms. My only complaint was that the hallway where we stayed had doors that opened right into the dining room. It was annoying when we had bags and were trying to squeeze by the tables. Also if/when people were eating at the tables close by the door would bump into the chair when opened. Other than that I loved this place and we can't wait to go back and enjoy some warmer weather activities there.

• Stayed April 2014
Amsterdam, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The room was nice, we look forward to staying again but the center piece of this review was the absolute best meal I feel I've ever had. I'm still blown away how good it was and can't wait to come back. Wonderful wonderful and I don't give that out often.

Room Tip: Vermont Inn with a top shelf staff and restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank derek q
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were in the area of Quechee/Woodstock VT for a winter wedding - 3 couples. The Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm was the perfect place for us to stay. Rick and his staff were very helpful upon check-in. They made sure we were settled in our rooms, explained the amenities of the Inn (nice restaurant for dinner on the weekends, a bar, cozy sitting room with a fireplace and wonderful full breakfast included every day). Afterwards they helped us with suggestions for lunch and places to visit. We all decided we will be back to visit in the spring!

Room Tip: We had room 10 - king size bed, very sunny on the second floor - overlooking the back of the inn. R...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mntravelingmom
Groton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed at the Quechee Inn 2 times in the last 6 months while on business trips. I had Room 4 the first time and Room 5 just this past week. I can only speak to the room itself, the front desk service and the breakfast. The cross country skiing, snowshoeing or hiking in non-winter seasons looks like that would be really fun. Both times I arrived after hours and the key is left for me at the front desk. I really appreciate this as it gives me the ability to come in late after a business meeting or a long drive and enjoy a unique inn instead of a more typical hotel. I stayed in the main building both times and I love this building! I believe much of it is the original farm house and it looks like it. Wide pine floors, large living room area with a real wood fireplace, a bar and dining room. Narrow hallways lead to a few downstairs rooms and a stair case is in the back going up to other rooms. Both times my room was cozy and mostly comfortable. Both rooms had 4 poster beds with canopy and they were very comfortable beds. Both rooms had flat screen T.V., Room 4 it could be hard to see the TV from the bed, I didn't try that. Both rooms had tiny desks, just enough room for a lap top. Since I was staying only one night each time, this was fine for me. The bathrooms were clean, that's good. But both rooms needed a deeper cleaning. Funny thing I noticed is that the bases of the lamps behind the bed in both rooms needed dusting. This week when I was in room 5 I had to chuckle because as I turned on the lamp I could see that someone (a previous guest?) had run their fingers in a pattern through the dust. In room 5 the dresser and side table had crumbs on them, hum...also, in Room 5 there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. In room 4 there were major dust bunnies under the bed, I only noticed that as I plugged in my lap top. But the beds were very comfortable and clean; I felt secure about that. This Inn uses a water softener which I guess can be necessary if the water is too hard for the pipes. I hate water softener; it feels like I can't rinse the soap off.

This past week a couple families were staying at the inn; I sat next them at breakfast. Their rooms were above mine and luckily it seems they must have gotten up after me because after breakfast I could hear them above me very well, running, doors slamming, people and children talking. So if you're a late sleeper this might not be the place for you. Also, bring an eye mask (I use a face cloth), there are venetian blinds but they don't really block the morning light.

My first experience with breakfast was great, good tasting coffee (and they have a coffee station in case you want to bring a cup to your room) and they made omelets to order. Last week they only had a buffet but at least the eggs were real eggs and not a mix bought in advance. They were fresh and tasty with a little bit of cream cheese in them. Lots of other food on the buffet but since I have food allergies to gluten and don't eat meant, most of the rest of it wouldn't work for me.

My first visit the woman at the front desk was a bit surly, it left me with a bad feeling. This past week the woman at the desk was friendly and helpful.

Overall, despite the lack of cleanliness and the soft water I would like to try this place for a getaway weekend for skiing or hiking. Apparently there are beautiful waterfalls and views on the wooded property. I would request a quiet room with a more thorough cleaning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Vel122
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
The Village Inn of Woodstock

Been to Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm? Share your experiences!