“Love this place! Best view in Quechee - food to die for!”
Review of Trap Door Bakehouse & Cafe - CLOSED

Trap Door Bakehouse & Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Trap Door Bakehouse & Cafe offers a wide selection of freshly made pastries, breakfast choices as well as paninis, Greek food, and other lunch and take away dinner options. We also provide for catered party, specialty birthday and wedding cake. We are more than happy to provide gluten free and vegan options as well. Our patio view is by far the best in Quechee, now showcasing the newly rebuilt covered bridge.
Sarasota, Florida
“Love this place! Best view in Quechee - food to die for!”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have had multiple visits to the Trap Door Bakehouse & Cafe and each and every time was a wonderful experience. The food is out of this world, warm & friendly atmosphere, great service (they brought my food out to the patio) and the view from the outdoor dining area is second to none in Quechee. The recent expansion of the indoor dining area to view the outdoor gardens is a brilliant move!

I have also had them cater several large events for me in the Upper Valley and have always received rave reviews on the food. The owner, Theo, has always accommodated the dietary restrictions and allergies of my groups by providing delicious alternatives. She really goes above and beyond in this area.

I have recommended this restaurant to many a friend, colleague, and traveler. One of the best features of this fantastic place is it's not a chain where you get that same, boring, standard processed food. All Theo's food is made from scratch using the finest ingredients available.

I will always go out of my way to dine at The Trap Door Bakehouse & Cafe when I am traveling in New England - it's well worth the visit!!!!!! See you in the coming months as I am traveling north and can't wait to have some of your fantastic foods again!

Quechee, Vermont
“I never understood the great reviews”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

And now that a few others have spoken up, so will I. I live in town, was so excited about this cool looking bakery/café. I have never been greeted, warmly or otherwise the few times I have tried to buy food here. The building is beautiful but very little of the space is actually dedicated to shoppers or display cases. There is usually a really limited choice, no one explains anything, all the help is out back or working on something and you have to interrupt them to get help. On top of all that, never had anything very tasty. One cookie I really loved I came back to buy twice and both times it was completely different than the first try. Wanted to be a regular but I have never felt like they wanted regulars.

1 Thank cwh18
Napa, California
“not as friendly as the rest of Quechee...”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My experience at the Trap Door was mediocre at best. It was my last morning in Quechee before moving across country, a beautiful June morning - I was brimming with excitement and possibility and needed a little tea and a snack for the beginning of my cross-country journey. I wandered in and was the only customer. I did not get a "hello" or even really any acknowledgement - even when I bounded in with my usual enthusiasm and announced "Good morning!", the woman didn't even smile at me! I had to ask for assistance instead of receiving a normal "May I help you" and she just gave the most underwhelming customer service, it was odd. Quechee vendors are usually very warm and friendly and go out of their way to help you, I felt this was not at all the case here, and that they wouldn't really care if I returned. And I wouldn't return if I still lived there, nor would I really recommend it to my guests or friends. I had even tried to send an email to give feedback and never received any response. There are plenty of other places to support in the neighborhood that will make you WANT to return and I wish the Trap Door well - I hope they have hired more friendly help...

Visited June 2013
2 Thank adastradeanna
Lebanon NH
“Delectable selections, beautiful river view”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

As a local, I'm always looking for good new places to try, and my sister recommended Trap Door. I am limited in my choices when eating out, since I have to find gluten free options.

I've eaten at Trap Door a couple of times now, and have been very happy with the selection of salads and delectable gluten free baked goods.

The building is a lovely old yellow farmhouse right off Route 4 opposite Waterman Place in Quechee. It's a cozy, welcoming cafe with indoor or outdoor seating - and a lovely view of the Ottaquechee River. I imagine it would be the perfect place to watch the hot air balloons coming up the river after launching on the Quechee Green.

• Visited July 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Great”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Love the ham and cheese crossant. Had a cream soda good with no preservatives. Tried the salads the kale/so so and the quinoe needed to be sweeter but descent. Bought a homemade dog treat for my dog/good.
Coffee good and good choices.
It was a great break!
The view was spectacular of the Ottaquechee River!!!!
Weather was great!
Great porch to hang out on and smell the flowers and watch the birds...
Right next to the VINS Vermont Institute of Natural Science. Great!