“It fit the bill.”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
United States
“It fit the bill.”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our accommodations in Quechee reserved us a table at Simon Pearce restaurant, but when we saw the prices, we cancelled and found River Stones. It was just what we needed. Pizza, drinks, dessert, nice atmosphere, comfy and casual. The waitress was friendly. What more could you ask for?

• Visited September 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good for a drink and a pizza”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped here last week expecting the same quality as Bentley's in Woodstock, VT. The ambiance was very nice but the service and food selection was average or less. We settled on a pizza and wine which was fine but we were not willing to eat dinner at River Stones.

Lauderhill, Florida
“Skip this River Stone!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I was so hoping to be impressed with this newly re-opened restaurant since our 2nd home in Quechee is so close by. However, my wishes failed to come true. My Mom and I each ordered the French Onion Soup ... We asked ourselves 'where's the nice hot bubbly melted cheese that makes it so yummy?' In addition, there was really no flavor to the broth. Disappointment #2 came in the form of the grilled Caesar salad. Don't bother...even additional dressing couldn't help that poorly prepared romaine!! Maybe we just ordered the wrong things...they are known for their brick oven pizzas and my husband did enjoy his prime rib. But I like to go to a restaurant that's consistent with all that they are serving from a menu.

Lauderhill, Florida
“A bit uneven”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife, mother-in-law and I went to River Stones and were looking forward to how the new restaurant was doing. It was very popular and we had to wait a short time for a table.

The restaurant is very nicely decorated and we thought would be a really nice experience. Well that experience depended upon what you ordered.

My wife and mother-in-law shared an French Onion Soup and a Ceasar Salad. Both were poor and between the two of them, neither was finished. The soup was weak, the ceasar salad dressing had little flavor and the lettuce didn't taste right.

On the other hand my Prime Rib was one of the best that I have had in a long time. However, while I ordered a baked potato, they served me mashed potatoes, which were OK.

What I came to the conclusion was that this is a bar/restaurant. Therefore if you ordered meats you were probably pretty good, but if you ordered items that were not in the theme of the restaurant it probably would suffer.

I would like to go back there again, but I think my wife doesn't. Maybe if she tried something more in line to what a bar/restaurant served she would be more satisfied.

• Visited October 2013
Quechee, Vermont
“Just not a good restaurant ”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I live not far from River Stones and foolishly keep going back. Two of us had dinner last night. As usual you have to practically trip someone to get them to seat you, a half empty restaurant during peak foliage in VT. Waitress came over and asked if we wanted "a delicious beverage". And she just got weirder. We ordered dinner and I asked for some bread. She said " NORMALLY we don't bring that till you order". I don't normally get reprimanded by the waitress. Chicken parm, if it isn't frozen they should consider using Stouffer's, calzone big hunk of dough with no filling. Strange server finally brought check with a scoop of chocolate ice cream because we didn't look happy. An understatement.