“Wonderful Restaurant”

The Parker House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: View, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our favorite restaurant to dine when we come to Quechee. The view is lovely from the deck and the service is very good. The food has always been great and we look forward to dining here every year!

• Visited July 2014

Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
“Delicious Food in a Romantic Setting”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I ate here during a weekend getaway at the very end of May 2014. The room in which we ate was just gorgeous and super romantic. The service was excellent. My husband started with the tomato bisque. The server brought two spoons, which I thought was very nice. Good thing, too, because I pretty much stole the soup from my hubby. It was so good that I made a lot of yummy noises! For the main event, I had a delicious chicken dish, and hubby had a scrumptious fish dish. Both dishes were excellent; neither of us left a crumb on our plates. We both got asparagus on the side, which was great, but the entrees should really have come with a veggie. That was my only complaint: we paid way too much to each have a few asparagus spears on the side. Anyway, dessert was a duo of sorbet, also mouthwatering! Overall, we would definitely go back to this beautiful place...but we would order one veggie and share it.

• Visited May 2014
VTChef, Owner at The Parker House Inn and Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We take such pride in our little establishment and it means so much to us to get such positive feed back. We do have a special ambiance that is unique to most restaurants, very romantic in our inside fireplace dining rooms and more casual (but breathtaking views) from our porch in the warmer months.
We recently lowered our prices by removing the sides and now ask people order their sides a la carte. We have a seasonal selection of local vegetables as well as a mixed plate. The reasoning behind this was that quite frankly we did want to throw out food in this day and age, and prefer that our guests could just order exactly what they desire. We have had a resoundedly positive reaction to this, as we are trying to be less wasteful. On the other hand, I will check to make sure the portions sizes reflect the price. Thank you again for this heartening review ....hope to see you again soon!
Singer Island, Florida
“Summer and Winter”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our grandson was married in Quechee last March. The rehearsal dinner was at The Parker House. We filled the restaurant and the service and the food were wonderful. In 2013, we had dinner on the porch the night of the balloon fest and the balloons went by a eye level. It was fabulous. Unfortunately, the balloons didn't go up this year until Sunday night, but our Saturday night was still memorable, with good drinks, good food and good friends (actually, they were relatives, so I guess that is saying something!).

• Visited March 2014
Strafford, Vermont
“Quiet, beautiful, yummy night!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Had the pan-seared bass last night and woke up thinking about it! Parker House and Alex NEVER FAIL! Service and hospitality was spot on! Thank you for a wonderful night with friends! Joie

• Visited May 2014
Cambridge
“Just had drinks - but those were promising”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had drinks on their beautiful porch before eating at Simon Pearce. The drinks were very good - I suspect that this is the much better restaurant, too. If I were to go to this area again, I would definitely book dinner here and not at Simon Pearce. Good, and funny, service, too.

• Visited April 2014