“Wonderful Experience!”

Inn at Clearwater Pond
Ranked #3 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Just returning from a girls weekend in Vermont. The weather was lovely and we enjoyed every minute of our visit. Hospitality is #1 with Inn Keeper, Tina! She was prepared for everyone staying at the Inn. Bagels sitting out for the half marathon runners and hot breakfast for the rest of us, yum!

Cleanliness was outstanding. You would never have known that a couple dogs were living at this Inn, and other (dogs) staying there too!!! Our room was neat and had everything anyone would need staying for the weekend. The grounds were gorgeous especially the Clearwater Pond, really!

I would recommend the Clearwater Inn to anyone looking for a place close to everything without being on route 4. Excellent for friends, couples, singles or even families. The rec room/gym had everything needed for a rainy day.

If I wasn't so busy hiking around tasting cheese, beer and ice cream I may have really relaxed a little. I slept great!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Hi Margee - Your review was complimentary and helpful to my future guests. Thank you. I'm sure my readers will appreciate reading about your experience here, as well as the area in general. Please return soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bethel, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Great place! Tina is so organized and neat. The breakfast was fabulous, the people both at the inn, and around the town are very welcoming to "out-of-staters" I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to get away to relax and enjoy the company of some really nice people.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
I have to agree with you that Vermonter's are truly nice people, which is one of the main reasons I moved from So. Calif. to Vermont. Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for relaying your nice experience to other travelers. Hope to see you here in Quechee again soon!
Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Fantastic Inn, Just off the main tourist roads but so close to everything that you would want to visit in the beautiful Quechee area. Just a beautifully decorated home. Our room was very comfortable and very clean. We don't get away much, yet Tina made us feel right at home. Breakfast was great, a terrific chef! She was so helpful with telling us where the best places were to go eat ,and to shop. We cant wait to come back and visit again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
I'm a bit late in responding to your review and oh my goodness, this past Sunday I stayed in Westford on my way to a business trip in Hudson. I had forgotten you live in Westford. Would have loved to see you and catch up a bit. Please return to the Inn, if not this year, then definitely in 2014. Hope all is well and please stay in touch -

Tina
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I wanted to surprise my wife with a getaway after the past few stressful months we had. We both love the Woodstock VT area, so I was looking for a bed and breakfast that suited our needs. I wanted a very private and scenic B&B so we could unwind and recuperate. So many bed and breakfasts seem overdone to me, but the Inn at Clearwater Pond was simply beautiful. The owner Tina was amazing. The weather was horrible on our trip up, so she called to make sure we were ok and wanted to make sure we were going to arrive safely. After 6 ½ hours of driving in a horrible snow storm, we arrived. We were showed to Christina’s Cottage, and then given our space. It was perfect, and exactly what I was hoping for to help us relax. The room was simple, yet luxurious and beautiful. We wanted to move in and not leave! The bathroom was enormous, and had the claw-foot tub my wife loves. The next morning, Tina made us a delicious breakfast that we are still talking about. She felt like an old friend. She was a great host! Tina even booked a massage for my wife and made us dinner reservations. We can not stop thinking about returning. The cottage was everything we needed. A beautiful retreat… VT is stunning, the Inn was perfect, and Tina is a beautiful person and a wonderful host. I have already told all my friends about the Inn.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
I remember that snow storm and how tired you were when you arrived. But your eyes lit up when you walked into the Cottage. I'm happy you enjoyed the Cottage and by the time you checked out, you both seemed and looked much more relaxed. That's what my business is all about - making people feel comfortable, relaxed and happy. Thank you for letting me know you had such a nice time. Please return soon............

Tina
Reviewed 24 February 2011

This is our second stay at this Inn, and both times we had a lovely time. We have family in the area, and have stayed at many different places. This is everyone's favorite. The house is gorgeous, and the setting beautiful. We all slept well, and had a great meal. The inn keeper Tina makes a real effort to personalize her service, and meet all your needs without being overbearing. I look forward to our next stay already.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, 27 October 2014
Although a bit late in responding to your complimentary review, thank you! And I hope you and your family will return soon -
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Quechee and Woodstock, VT is a beautiful area of VT where one can get away for the weekend. There's easy access to 3 of my favorite activites like Hiking, biking, and eating. The Inn at Clearwater Pond was the perfect place to stay. It is a bed and breakfast in a beautiful house that is on acreage with horses and a swimming pond. The rooms are great, tina had delicious breakfast for us every morning, and it is in close proximity to downtown Woodstock. Being dog friendly was a great plus for our Rosie. I would defnitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review and I hope you and Rosie will return again soon - your business is always much appreciated -
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Tina, the owner/operator of the Inn is a gracious host. She is extremely helpful and informative. The Lila Marin room was warm and inviting. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and spacious! There was also a sitting area for reading or watching TV. The Inn is in a perfect location. It is right down the street from the Quechee Gorge and where the annual Hot Air Balloon Festival is held. There are many places to grab a bite to eat or for fine dining. If you choose to venture further- within an hours drive in different directions, you can experience much of the beautiful state of Vermont: watefalls, swimming holes, country stores, working farms, hiking, etc.
The Inn at Clearwater Pond is a beautiful place to go even if you choose not to venture very far you can enjoy the beauty and serenity the grounds have to offer. Tina is a very special person who welcomes you with grace and charm.
When the arcade/game room is completed the Inn will have even more to offer for a fun night "in" at the Inn. There is also a fitness room in the making for vacationers who like to get in their workout while away.
I was abit dissappointed that the pond was not available while we were there.
I would suggest a coffeemaker with a timer for coffee before 8 a.m. for those who rise early and enjoy coffee on the porch to watch the morning begin:)
Maybe more comfy chairs in the sitting area as well - although the ottomans were nice to put your feet up after a long day:)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Hi Jill and George and although a bit late in responding to your great view, thank you! I hope all is well and would love to see both of you back here at the Inn, as it's been a few years. Just wanted you to know that your suggestions were taken - the pond is all repaired, the game room/arcade looking good, early morning coffee comes on at 7 a.m. (sometimes earlier) and there are more comfortable chairs in the Lila Marin Suite, and both with ottomans now. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm

Been to Inn at Clearwater Pond? Share your experiences!