Inn at Clearwater Pond
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge(Quechee)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$92
QualityInn
Super 8 White River Junction(White River Junction)
US$78
Braeside Lodging(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$129
White River Inn and Suites(White River Junction)
US$132
Fairfield Inn
US$206
US$197
Hotwire.com
Comfort Inn(White River Junction)
US$102
US$93
ComfortInn
The Shire Woodstock(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$153
All reviewsseparate cottagegluten freefall foliagecomfy chairsbirthday weekendgreat suggestionssitting areawonderful weekendvermont countrydelicious breakfast each morningshort drivesimon piercedartmouth collegeaccommodationspropertyhostscharm
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was one of my best birthday presents ever! My boyfriend and I had an awesome weekend. The cottage we stayed in was beautiful, charming, spacious, and clean, with a delightfully romantic ambience. Tina has just the right touch when it comes to style, warmth, and making guests feel at home. To top it off, her breakfasts were absolutely delicious! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Hi Rachel and Matt and thank you for letting my readers know that you enjoyed your stay in Christina's Cottage. I enjoyed meeting both of you very much and especially enjoyed sharing a glass of wine with you on the back porch. And not to forget the infamous cannon.................I'm sure Matt has been enjoying his new Harley. I'm looking forward to the day when you'll both be on that bike and show up in my driveway for your return visit. I have a couple photos of Matt on his new bike, taken just before you headed off. I will post them on my website Blog. Enjoy the holiday season -

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Definitely the best B&B we've ever stayed at! Our room was beautiful. The breakfasts were orgasmic. Perfect location for leaf peeping. Can't say enough great things about the Innkeeper. She is truly a great host.

We can't wait to return to the Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Wow - "luxury", "orgasmic", and the "best B&B we've ever stayed at" - I'm very happy you were so content and comfortable. And you don't have to wait until next leaf-peeping season to return. Northern CT is just a short drive down the highway. Thank you for taking the time to let my readers know you enjoyed your stay. We'll see you soon back here in Vermont.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I don't know where to start. I will say that Tina has thought of absolutely everything. She has books and brochures for all kinds of day trips. She makes dinner reservations for you and gives you all the best recommendations. I wish I would have asked for more traveling advice. What I do know: the Lila Marin room is absolute perfection, the bed is comfortable, I had great nights' of sleep, breakfast was wonderful and you could participate in conversation as much or as little as you please. The dining area and all the "common" areas were simple and elegant, but not in an "untouchable" kind of way. And the grounds are beautiful. I kinda wandered around them in the mornings just to enjoy the view, and enjoyed the few morning conversations I had with Tina as she made breakfast. My favorite time was the last evening I was there. In the last hour before dusk, I rested in the hammock in the back and enjoyed the view and the weather. I know I overuse the word "perfection", but I had the most wonderful feeling of calm and relaxation, I never wanted to leave. Thanks again, Tina, and I really plan to be back next year, or maybe in the spring for the hot air balloon festival. You're the awesomest!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Christine D, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Hi Leslie - I knew you wanted to stay longer as you didn't have a chance to complete your "things-to-do-places-to-visit" list. I'm hoping you will be able to return next June for the hot air balloon festival. I know you are facing are few challenges this coming year and I wish you the best. Keep smiling and be positive. The times you feel down, think about your next trip to Vermont. God-willing, I'll be here to make sure you're able to check off the remaining items from your list.

Also, to my readers and potential guests: My guest posted a photo of the Inn that I was not aware of until recently. The photo was taken when the inn was under major repair and re-painting. Just thought you should know

Tina, Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I chose the Inn because we wanted something other than the recommended strip mall hotel that the wedding party had recommended. This definitely fit the bill. The place is beautifully decorated and the grounds are beautiful. Tina is very warm and inviting and makes an elegant and delicious breakfast. I highly recommend the Inn for a home away from home get away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

First, thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Inn. And second, thank you for your very kind and praising review. I clearly remember your visit and enjoyed listening to the lively and witty conversations between breakfast guests. I'm very pleased when guests are relaxed and are enjoying the company of one another. I hope you will return for another visit to the Inn.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have been to my fair share of B&B's. One of the things that is fairly consistent is that even when people chit chat over breakfast and greet each other throughout the day, there is rarely any significant interaction. Not so the weekend we visited the Inn at Clearwater Pond. The place was not full, but it had several guests. Breakfast is served at 9:00, not anytime you feel like getting up and browsing a buffet table. So, everyone gathered and talked while breakfast was being rolled out. And I would characterize both mornings we stayed there as being a real exchange of experiences, not just passing the time until breakfast is over.

The rooms were terrific with big, poofy beds and lots pf space. The food was magnificent, but hardly "standard fare", including fresh fruit and interesting and tasty "entree". Plenty of coffee.

Tina, the innkeeper is a gem. She will share her information about local eateries and attractions. She was sensitive to our time constraints and told us about a back way to a hiking destination that cut a lot of time off the full trip.

Quechee is a lovely location too. We are from neighboring Massachusetts, so we were somewhat familiar with the area. Newbies won;t have any trouble getting around or finding things.

I recommend the balloon rides from Balloons over New England. Quechee Gorge is not the Grand Canyon, but it is still pretty cool and a nice walk. Free too. We met a delightful family from the mid-west at the bottom and had a lot to talk about.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Great, great title for your review. I love it! Breakfast time always finds me busy in the kitchen with little time to chat with my guests. It was nice to read that you enjoyed your breakfast conversations with other guests. That's part of the fun and experience of staying at a bed and breakfast. Old pro's (and I don't mean age-wise) have learned to "go with the flow" and relish any adventure or experience that comes their way. Each innkeeper has their own way of hosting guests. A guest who expects every B&B to operate the same, will probably be disappointed at some time or another. But those guests who walk through the front door, are happy and relaxed and are looking forward to a new travel experience, often have the best time. Both of you sure fit that category! Hope to see you again soon here in Quechee and thank you for taking the time to write your review. Glad you had a great get-away.

8/14/13