“This is the place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parker House Inn and Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quechee
Parker House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Quechee B&B and Inns
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“This is the place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

I am a very picky traveler. Parker House met all of my expectations and more. Adam was extremely accommodating and friendly. We stayed in the Woodstock room, which was beautifully designed. This place is upscale and clean The food was incredible! Alex made the best salmon I have ever had and the Carmel candy sampler was a perfect way to end a fabulous meal. My husband and I highly recommend staying here. PS... the speciality drinks at the bar are very good,,, we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rauselucia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mineral, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Spent 3 days/nights and had the most wonderful time! Adam is an incredible host!!! I could go in to details, but bottom line: he really is top notch! The inn was very comfortable and the decor in the rooms and restaurant/bar/deck were great. Breakfast was perfect and Alex's menu at night was out of this world fabulous!!! I can say that about every dish I enjoyed! (Ate at the glass blower next door one night and would not recommend to anyone.) I would highly recommend the Parker House Inn & Restaurant to anyone and sincerely hope I can make it back for future visits!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BriRankin
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Over Labor day, we went to the Parker house Inn and Restaurant in Vermont. One the reasons we visited, was they were dog friendly.

They were indeed dog friendly, they treated us and ourthree little shitzu's wonderful. Beautiful room, great food, and great surrondings. We walked down some stairs outside of the inn, and we were in a grassy area, with a lake, perfect to walk the pooches.

On Saturday, when we got up, they were launching a balloon out in the fields, right by the inn, how pretty was that!!!!

Go, if you would love great food, beautiful rooms, wonderful breakfast, and a great breakfast!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia H
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

We have been to the Parker House several times now. The most recent visit was in June of this year. The Parker House was one of the "must visit" places on my list for this summer. We only had a limited time back in the New England area, but the Parker House could not be missed.

Adam and Alex are by far the best husband and wife hotel team we have ever come across. Their efforts to make us comfortable never ended and the food in the restaurant was simply awesome. Adam greeted us upon checkin and went out of his way to make ours a unique experience. He asked us what newspaper we read in the morning and made sure that we would have one of his best tables for dinner. Adam is an excellent bartender and makes perfect drinks. The wine selection was excellent and unique as well. We could tell that Adam and Alex chose their wines carefully and that each wine had a purpose on their list.

The food was amazing as well. Each item was made carefully and individually, and Alex came out and greeted each table to make sure that everyone had what they needed. We were seated out on the porch overlooking the river and enjoyed the view very much!

In the morning we were served a delightful breakfast and relaxed on the porch with our coffee and newspaper. I am almost embarrassed to say that we relaxed out on the porch for quite awhile and it was with great effort and reluctance that we gathered our bags and checked out.

I am quite certain that the next time we go to Vermont we will stay at the Parker House Inn. Not even a question.

Room Tip: Make sure to stay for dinner! You may be tempted to eat at Simon Pearce next door, but if you do you...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mugro
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

At the recommendation of a friend, I needed one night to stay in an Inn close to NH, and she insisted we (my mother and I) go to Parker House (and visit the Glass House next door), telling me it would be wonderful and I could also run into Woodstock for the day. It was a Monday, so the Inn was quiet, but Adam greeted us warmly and showed us to a funky room overlooking the river - the room was clean and lovely, we had a marvelous dinner on the porch overlooking the river, some of the best food we have ever had, and met some interesting diners and a lovely couple celebrating their 10th anniversary - we stayed up easily until 2am talking to these strangers and Adam never once looked at us like it was time to go to bed LOL! As a matter of fact, he suggested new cocktails for us to try! I loved the whole area, the Inn was charming, and I have now booked it again for a long weekend in late September, although not with my MOM haha! Adam ALSO had saved my girlfriend's sunglasses that she had left there, and I was able to bring them home for her! Thank you Adam; will see you soon! Sally

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Awesome inn at the heart of this charming town. The decor is eclectic and comfy, but what prompts revisiting is the friendiy owners (Adam and chef Alex) and staff. The food is excellent and seasonal...on my recent visit I had a scrumptious bowl of gazpacho complete with lobster tail! Deelish :9
Adam makes the perfect classic martini, crisp and slighty dirty (my preference). Also, the porch overlooks the river gorge so it can be a very romantic place to wine and dine. I have recently made VT my permanent home so I will be popping back in to this gem for years to come!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

This place is a gem.
The rooms are beautifully decorated with charm and whimsy.They make every boutique hotel I have stayed in look shabby.
Adam is a gracious host, and made us think we had know him for years.
We were only there for one night, so we didn't have a chance to enjoy the restaurant for dinner, but the breakfast was wonderful.
We cannot wait for our next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#2 of 6 in Woodstock
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Kedron Valley Inn
Kedron Valley Inn
#5 of 6 in Woodstock

Been to Parker House Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!