“Enjoyed all aspect of the Inn: room,peace and quiet,food.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quechee
Parker House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Visiting friends in the area, we were advised to stay at Parker House. Our room was immaculate; we enjoyed several meals,and the service. Saw the negative review and felt compelled to respond, as I would not want anyone to miss the charm and value of the experience .

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2010

We are returning guests at The Parker House Inn, and experienced again the warmth that permeates the Inn coming from Adam, Alexandra and their attentive staff. We typically dine at least one night at the Inn, and this time measured up to the superb dining experiences we've had in the past. Our room was cozy, bright, beautifully appointed with antiques, and a great king size bed fitted with down quilts and pillows. Comfortable in every way!
We also took advantage of the Quechee Club which offers a high end fitness center, available to guests at the Inn.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I just returned from a stay at The Parker House, which was recommended to us because they accept dogs. I couldn't imagine a lovelier spot. Adam and Alex are delightful, as are their girls. Our dinners were delicious, the breakfasts were relaxing and equally tasty.
Very happy with the room, with our stay, looking forward to going back.
Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2009

If you are not absolutely certain that you will stay at this inn, do not make reservations as you will have to battle to receive your refund.

This past December, I reserved three rooms for wedding guests who were travelling from other countries to simplify their travel plans. In January, I cancelled these reservations because the guests were no longer able to make it to the wedding due to illness and a surgery. The owner (Adam) said that he would refund the full amount of the original charge when his accounts manager was working the following week. After a couple months, I contacted him again because the charge had still not been refunded, at which time he informed me that the inn does not refund cancellations until the date of the cancelled stay, which was a few months away. I told him that I found this unacceptable since the reservation had been cancelled months ago and I had been promised a refund at that time. He said that he would issue a refund later that week per my request. After several more phone calls to the owner (and messages left on the inn's answering machine that were not returned), I have still not been issued a credit for a substantial amount of money.

I feel that anyone who runs a business in this way is dishonest and I will never again choose to do business with this merchant.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
ALAdler, Alexandra Adler Owner at Parker House Inn and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2009

We cannot apologize more sincerely - this was just a matter of simple human error and we have already refunded your account. This is a total aberration and is the first time that something like this have ever happened and we are absolutely mortified.
We really cannot apologize enough and feel horrible that this happened as I said this was a simple human error and I was completely unaware of this until I saw the post. With Sincere Regrets
Alexandra Adler

Reviewed 13 July 2009

My husband & I recently stayed at the Parker House Inn for our 16th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. The Inn itself is charming, a grand old home decorated with casual elegance, dotted with porches and reading nooks to relax & enjoy the slow pace while listening to eclectic music. The innkeepers, Adam & Alex, were gracious hosts, keeping the bustling operation running smoothly with grace and good humor. Even though they run a small restaurant out of the Inn, it is in no way intrusive to the Inn guests. In fact, having such great food and a relaxing atmosphere available on-site is an added bonus. The food was simply outstanding, well executed with fresh ingredients, visually appealing, and delicious. We highly recommend the flourless torte fudge cake, absolutely sinful! The Inn has a very well trained & personable staff that provided high caliber service to its guests. We would highly recommend the Parker House Inn to anyone looking for a relaxing and enjoyable place to spend your holiday.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2009

We've just returned from another perfect getaway at the Parker House and once more every sense has been fed. Especially in winter, what could be better than beginning each day with Adam's delicious made-to-order breakfast and chatting with other relaxed guests or reading in front of the fireplace? Then, after a day enjoying the brilliant Vermont outdoors (and shopping!), we return to the cozy bar for conversation followed by a truly gourmet dinner. Alexandra is a genius in the kitchen and we can't wait to sample her next Bistro creation. I think my favorite is her risotto, (alone or with anything) but she's really never missed taste and visual perfection with any meal.

Then to top off the day, we climb the stairs to our antique-filled room and burrow under the warm quilts to fall asleep.

We followed Alex and Adam from their previous Inn in Maine, when they opened in Quechee, VT, and hope to enjoy their warm hospitality and multi-sensory gifts for many seasons and years.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Zmama4
Reviewed 30 March 2008

My husband and I are locals here in Quechee and were married here last September. We asked Alex and Adam to put together a cocktail party for the night before our wedding so our out of town relatives and friends could meet and socialize with their local counterparts...about 100 people in all. We also needed accomodations for the weekend for out-of-towners and a bridal suite for us. The result was beyond anything I could have hoped for! The party was amazing! Tables of cheeses, dips, veggies, and smoked salmon were set out both inside and in the front garden. Watiers passed hot hors doevres and every guest raved about the delicious food. There were two bars set up so nobody would have to wait in line for a drink and a fantastic acoustic band set up under the arbor in the garden. Unbelievable food, quick service, and an incredibly beautiful yet relaxed atmosphere. All our friends who stayed at the Inn for the weekend were very impressed (many are in the service industry and can be very picky!). Our bridal suite for the weekend was huge and was located on the end of one of the floors for a very private feeling. Even Adam's bacon and scrambled egg breakfasts were delicious! Thanks again Parker House...you helped make my dream wedding a reality!

• Stayed: September 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
7 mi away
Inn at Clearwater Pond
Inn at Clearwater Pond
#2 of 6 in Quechee
Woodstock Inn and Resort

Been to Parker House Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!