“the food was terrible.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quechee
Parker House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
South Newbury, NH
“the food was terrible.”
Reviewed 13 October 2010

If I had not been offered a French Martini I may not have minded my martini being served in a tumbler. The offer of something out of the ordinary led me to believe that proper glass wear would be available. I was wrong. My water glass was dirty. The silverwear was never attended to. The caesar salad had no flavor of garlic or anchovy. The mussels were cooked to death. The pork osso bucco was a serving of two dry and unflavorful finger sized bits of meat. The local mushrooms in the risotto were undetectable. This twenty nine dollar main course would have been overpriced at half that amount. The place was not clean, there was a nail sticking up from the seat of my spouse's chair seat.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank brewsterbrewster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Warm and welcoming - from the staff, the proprietor(s), to the fellow travelers, and the locals that frequent the pub. Location idyllic. Access to Dartmouth easy. Truly a gem!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ThinkB4UPink
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This was our second time visiting the Parker House Inn. Adam and his wife Alex are extremely friendly and accommodating hosts. I've found some B&Bs you almost feel like you are bothering people by being there, but these two truly love what they do and make you feel welcome. The food is unbelievable, worth a trip all on its own. Do not skip the desserts either as they are all amazing. If you are undecided on what to drink, have Adam make you a French martini... you won't regret it. We are already planning two trips back here as it is too great to stay away for long.

The reason we originally stayed here is we found it while looking for pet-friendly locations. Our dog loves it here as much as we do. Alex gave him a lamb bone one night and he spent the rest of the night walking around proudly with it. There is a huge field next door that is great for letting a pup run free. I would highly recommend this location for any pet owners!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Awesome food and service. the Mussels are divine. The blueberry tart is the best dessert on the planet. You name it, the menu features superior dishes. Make sure you try the Goat Cheese caramelized tart; the lobster and shrimp risotto. Everything that is prepared is delicious. Rooms are large and elegant. Adam and Alex are wonderful owners. They are very kind and courteous who are so professional and friendly you will want to come back to Parker again and again with pleasure.

• Stayed August 2010
Lebanon, New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My wife and I eat out quite a bit and in the year and a half that we've lived in Lebanon NH (12 miles from Quechee VT), we've been to as many as 25 different restaurants. Parker House Inn is the number one place to eat, and also to stay. We have friends who've stayed at the Parker House and not only is their gourmet prepared food the best of the best but their accomodations are top of the line as well. The keys to their success are brilliant, personalized and professional ownership in Adam and Alex, exceptional staff and a commitment to excellence. They do everything right, from the moment you meet them, they treat you like VIP's. Truly wonderful people, great atmosphere, and fantastic experiences.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
New England
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We had great hopes for this place for lunch but were greatly disappointed. Their daily special of a salmon wrapped crepe with creme fresh and capers sounded just perfect for the hot June day but oh my, it was awful. A sliver and I'm not kidding, a sliver of smoked salmon rolled in a thick very cold, dry crepe. You couldn't even taste the salmon and nearly couldn't find it! Crepe was rolled like a tight cigar (that was about the size). We had to ask about the missing creme and capers. First a small bowl of creme was delivered to the table for us to slather on but no capers. We then asked for capers and about 5 minutes later they arrived. When explaining the problems with the dish, the waitstaff said, "Thank you. I'll inform the chef so he can make better his meals." or something close to this. No discount. No anything else but "thank you". Major missed the mark. All simple ingredients but extremely poor execution and way overpriced for what was delivered.

I don't mind paying a good chunk of change for a good meal but on that day I would have found an Italian Sub sandwich from a local vendor of higher quality.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flyingslanted
ALAdler, Owner at Parker House Inn and Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 June 2010
I can't apologize enough for your disappointing lunch. I, the owner, arrived after a quick break (ans after you had left) and was told of what happened with you order and immediately looked at the crepes - they were not up to my standards and I actually threw them out and went over the proper way of making them with my kitchen staff. As you know it was an extremely busy weekend for Ballonfest in Quechee, with over 15,000 visitors to our quiet hamlet. And we made a mistake with your order. Again my apologies and hope that you will come back one day to enjoy our great hospitality and food.
Alexandra La Noue - Adler
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 2 June 2010

The Parker House is a delightful B& B in Quechee, Vermont. Its location is idyllic overlooking the Ottauquechee river. The 19th century French Gothic home has been beautifully restored by its owners, Adam and Alexandra. Their hospitality could not have been better! The French cuisine prepared by Alexandra, a marvelous chef, was delicious and the breakfast in the morning prepared by her husband, Adam was perfect as well. The nicely appointed bedrooms are lovely as are the dining areas and bar. Our stay at the Parker House was wonderful and my husband, college-age son and I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed May 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
506 On The River Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm
Inn at Clearwater Pond
Inn at Clearwater Pond
#3 of 6 in Quechee

Been to Parker House Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!