“nice, but not quite perfect” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Three Stallion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Randolph
Three Stallion Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Randolph B&B and Inns
eastern US
“nice, but not quite perfect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed one night at the Three Stallion Inn while in the area on business. The inn is in good shape and in a valley near a stream, about three miles from the interstate. My room was nice, with a very nice, newly remodeled bathroom. Check in was pleasant, and there were warm cookies for the guests. Fast and free internet. I didn't have a chance to see if there was a fitness room, but I had a nice run along the dirt road in front of the inn.

I was hungry, so I went to the tavern adjacent to the inn for dinner. Service was very slow. No refills offered for my soft drink and I was there long enough that I could have had four or five of them.

The thing that annoyed me the most about this place was that they charged a service fee, in addition to the quoted rate and in addition to tax. This is wrong. When I asked about it, I was told that this was for gratuity, and some other things that didn't really make sense. If a hotel advertises or quotes a rate, they should honor that rate, period. It wasn't a lot of money (six percent, I think), but it's still wrong. When I had called a few days before to make my reservation, I was not told of this extra fee. Since I was on business travel, I will not be reimbursed for this, and it came out of my pocket.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank va_trailrunner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

First, this is likely the most convenient place to stay if you have to stay in Randolph. I was here for work and stayed mostly because it was close and they had free internet. The beds were VERY comfortable and clean. The location and establishment themselves are great. They upgraded my room without my requesting so and without any additional charge, so the effort is definitely there. Similar to what others have commented on, the staff were a bit hard to get a hold of when you needed them. While the restaurant was convenient, I just wanted a simple pasta dish and nothing like that was available. The young lady who served me was very pleasant, but I think she was stretched a bit thin.

They provided vouchers for breakfast at another establishment in town, but I was never clear if there was breakfast on site or not. I just assumed there was not, hence the voucher. Randolph is a tiny place, and if I needed to return, I would definitely consider returning. I just might plan out meals at another location before hand.

Room Tip: I was in the main house and the space is quiet and comfortable. I cannot comment on Morgan House...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hardern
Banbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Lack of security and poor management are the problems with this establishment.
On the day we were there the front desk closed at 8.00 pm and there appeared to be no staff member in the building. The front door was not locked. Anybody could have gained entry. This is not a cheap hotel and such a deficiency is not acceptable.
The reception staff were obviously not trained in their tasks. On arrival the person in attendance did not know where our room was, despite there being only about ten rooms. Subsequent to departure I found that my credit card had been charged twice. Although the correct sum was credited it shows a lack of training in procedures by the staff. Accompanied by the fact that the staff member did not bother to rise from her chair during the check out process again amply demonstrates the problem.
The restaurant was not open contrary to the information given on the hotel's website which was a significant inconvenience and finding somewhere to eat in Randolph was not easy.

Room Tip: We stayed in room No 1. The beds were comfortable but the bathroom, although modern, is very small...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank AH C
Staten Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed here on our way through New England to Montreal. It is a nice old inn with new dining areas. The room was clean and large and the bathroom was terriffic. Really updated with fancy controls. We ate in the pub and the food was good for the price. Rooms were a bit pricey but everyone seemed friendly. I wished I had time to stay and golf as the scenery was beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new bathroom
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Randolph, Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

I have been here a few times now as I live in the area. The service in the pub is oblivious; twice I waited nearly fifteen minutes before being acknowledged (let alone served) by anybody and it's not a big place. The last time I ate there I ordered two appetizers. Other parties came, ate and left before I got all of my food. I finally cancelled the second item asked for the check and left, feeling like I had imposed on them. It's a cute place but they really need to hire more servers or manage this situation better.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed at this inn as part of a Bike Vermont Tour. It is truly beautiful in its setting and rooms, and we were most happy to flop onto the comfortable bed, enjoy the air conditioning and the flat-screen TV. However, no one seems to be running this inn. We were greeted at check-in by a young and decidedly underinformed member of staff. At dinner, we waited literally for hours for food that was mediocre at best, while the breakfast was inadequate for the number of people even in our party much less the whole inn. The staff were friendly but seemed helpless to actually provide service. I hope that someone takes charge here, as it would be a pity to see such a beautiful place decline.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Joanne T
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

First time I stayed here just happen to see it on my gps, amazing place, great pub with fantastic food, the front desk staff and managers took care of us like we were the only ones there. Not sure about the other reviews but the place is clean, smells good will def come back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Randolph
Comfort Inn at Maplewood
Woodstock Inn and Resort
Maple Leaf Inn
Maple Leaf Inn
#1 of 4 in Barnard

Been to Three Stallion Inn? Share your experiences!