“The Morgan House floor slopes 15 degrees”
Review of Three Stallion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Randolph
Three Stallion Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Randolph B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed in room 15 with my daughter. We shared a big fluffy queen sized bed. When I walked into the room, it was clean and everything was in place. The bathroom was almost as big as the room! The floor slopes away from the wall at such a steep pitch that when a lipstick fell on the floor, it rolled away so fast that I couldn't catch it. I have balance issues and cannot sleep on a bed that is not level. I was in a great deal of pain all the next day. The room was also very cold because the window air conditioners were still in the windows. This made the road noises from people zooming down the road seem extremely loud. The hotel is perched over a golf course, so the view is breath taking and there are some nice benches to sit on and watch the grass grow.

The continental breakfast that was advertised was NOT available. They had no milk and since the restaurant is now closed, there was only a mini-fridge with an ounce of milk and three disposable creamers. For $190 per night, I should have enjoyed more than the giant TV and the super water pressure.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FarmerBarb

Reviewed 28 July 2012

This lovely, historic farm is a favorite of mine. The rooms are country vintage charm, and the beds and linens are comfortable. I was there in January, and was pleasantly surprised to find the bathroom floor was heated. The location is beautiful, and the views from the upstairs rooms in the main house of the surrounding fields and woods are relaxing and postcard pretty. The pub is warm and cozy, with good food and friendly staff. The continental breakfast is simple fare, but I'm happy with cereal, juice and hot coffee. It is a bit pricey, but for special trips it's a lovely place to stay in the Randolph area. It is also very close to the Amtrak train station, and they will pick you up there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maizegirl
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The location of the inn is very attractive. Rooms are average, although they could be better griven that this place is not cheap. The real problems are the indifferent service - the lady at check-in showed no interest in us at all and did not offer any information about the inn or anything else. That was made worse by the fact that we chose to eat at the inn. The food in the restaurant was just appalling - much of the food had obviously been made the day before and just heated up, plus a very long wait for service. I agree with what other reviewers have said - the management of this establishment is a real problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank J-CDup
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The location of the inn and the inn itself are beautiful. The room we stayed in was lovely and comfortable. We had to kind of help ourselves to the limited continental breakfast, but they also give vouchers to a breakfast place in downtown Randolph as an alternate option. We had dinner at the inn's restaurant- the atmosphere of the pub was great, the food was good. The pool is nice, the porch is beautiful. The most memorable thing, however, was the excellent staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and exceptionally helpful. We weren't even planning on staying at the inn for dinner, but after having such a positive experience with the staff at the front desk and bar, we decided to try it. Great option if you're looking for an inn in the Randolph area.

Room Tip: Room 1 was very comfortable and had a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband and I stayed in a couple of days ago, just for one night. The whole area surrounding the hotel is beautiful and green. Our room was on the third floor at the top of the stairs. It had a comfortable and large bed with a flat screen tv. The bathrrom was beautiful and modern with two sinks and a bathub. We did not have the opportunitty to walk around the property, but some of the people we talked to said they had great areas to walk in. We did eat at the restaurant next door to the inn. It was wonderful. They had a singer, and a person who played the guitar. These people sat in the center of the dining room and entertained us, that was refreshing. Everything we had at dinner was fresh and delicious. We had steamed mussles with tomatoes, the best mussles I have ever had. I had broiled salmon with maple syryp glaze, as we were in vermont. We also received a vocher to eat breakfast in a little place in town. We had wonderful home made hash. Food was good. We had a relaxing and fun time during our stay at the Three Stallion in. We highly recommend staying here, I hope we have the opportunity again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diamondfairy
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I called them because I needed a reservation at the last minute. It was after 5pm and I was able to get a nice room for a great price. The place is very clean, wifi is great, nice porch, places to walk and great friendly staff. No complaints. I don't think I would have paid the regular rate to stay there though.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank babel39
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed one night at the Three Stallion Inn while in the area on business. The inn is in good shape and in a valley near a stream, about three miles from the interstate. My room was nice, with a very nice, newly remodeled bathroom. Check in was pleasant, and there were warm cookies for the guests. Fast and free internet. I didn't have a chance to see if there was a fitness room, but I had a nice run along the dirt road in front of the inn.

I was hungry, so I went to the tavern adjacent to the inn for dinner. Service was very slow. No refills offered for my soft drink and I was there long enough that I could have had four or five of them.

The thing that annoyed me the most about this place was that they charged a service fee, in addition to the quoted rate and in addition to tax. This is wrong. When I asked about it, I was told that this was for gratuity, and some other things that didn't really make sense. If a hotel advertises or quotes a rate, they should honor that rate, period. It wasn't a lot of money (six percent, I think), but it's still wrong. When I had called a few days before to make my reservation, I was not told of this extra fee. Since I was on business travel, I will not be reimbursed for this, and it came out of my pocket.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank va_trailrunner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Randolph
Comfort Inn at Maplewood
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Capitol Plaza
Capitol Plaza
#2 of 4 in Montpelier

Been to Three Stallion Inn? Share your experiences!