“A weekend in Vermont”

Richmond Victorian Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
Richmond Victorian Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Richmond B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“A weekend in Vermont”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I had a great weekend stay at the Richmond Victorian this past March (2014). The rooms are bright and cheerful and filled with charming antique furniture. Our hosts were both very congenial - we had some very good discussions sharing our travel experiences. Breakfast was wonderful! Pancakes and local bacon, topped off with fruit and Vermont Maple syrup. An added plus for us was the proximity of very good local dinner restaurants in Richmond. My wife and I feel very comfortable recommending this B & B to our friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bath, Maine
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Fun is not a word usually associated with a lodging. But the Victorian Inn is a fun visit because of the hosts.We stayed there many years ago, on a visit to Burlington, and the inn was more fun than our tour or the city. We looked forward to getting back "home" to the Inn.

What prompted this late review was the mint growing around our back door. Frank gave me a sprig of it and it is still doing fine. It has been a shared plant as I have given others a sprig. (We stayed there earlier than the August date.What is nice, from these reviews, is their standards have not slipped.)

The accommodation are fine, the breakfasts are great and there are other places to eat within walking distance. On our walk to the restaurant we stumbled upon a band concert, so it was a very enjoyable evening of food and music.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Blainville, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We were at the Richmond Victorian Inn on March 16 for a night, just after a hike on the adjacent Camel's Hump summit. What make a world class B&B...? bang on, the hosts. The Richmond Victorian Inn hosts were so kind and helpful. The room was clean, confortable and spacious. Go to the Victorian Inn with confidence....you will enjoy this B&B...Syl and Lynda.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Senecal4
Albany, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Warm and welcoming people - Frank and Joyce are great hosts. The home is spacious and comfortable, with the amenities of a new house, comfortably placed in the heritage home. Each room has it's own bathroom, nice view of the surrounding area, and since it was winter when I was there - warm, warm, warm. Not a drafty old home, but cozy and comfortable. The meals are an adventure - you never know what Frank or Joyce will come up with - many dishes and delights are their own recipes. They also serve an afternoon tea for people in the community, and they go all out with pastries and breads for these events. Such fun! And if you want a "fitness center" - the stairs to my room were good exercise - but not too many stairs! Lol.

Room Tip: I loved my room that was in the front upstairs, but there is a view from any of the rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Weare, NH
Reviewed 15 September 2012

If you're going to be in the Burlington/Lake Champlain area of Vermont, this is the place you should be looking for. The inn is within 25 minutes from Lake Champlain and downtown Burlington near I-89. My wife and I stayed here for our 17th anniversary and had one of the most relaxing, enjoyable weekends in a long time. Frank, the innkeeper, is very accommodating and makes you feel as though his home is yours as well. This is never more evident than in the tasty homemade breakfasts. Made from local ingredients and products, it never disappointed; the Harrington's cobb-smoked bacon and sausage is the best I've ever tasted, hands down. Rooms are simple and decorated with antique furniture. While the inn may not be the most attractive I've ever seen, it is one of the most inviting. When I'm in the area again I will most certainly try to book here. May this inn be around for many more years to come!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
kennesaw ga
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Wonderful Innkeepers. Delightful breakfasts. More than helpful with any questions I had about the area. Will definitely recommend and would stay there again shoal I ever be in the area. Great, warm experience.

• Stayed August 2012
Richmond, Vermont
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Frank and Joyce recently hosted relatives attending our wedding - pampering them with lovely rooms, yummy breakfasts, and warm hospitality. Knowledgeable about the area, they also suggested scenic hiking trails during a break in the festivities. Our relatives are already planning a return trip to the inn during the winter as it's also conveniently located near ski areas. The perfect spot!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston
Best Western Plus Waterbury - Stowe
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to Richmond Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!