“A combination of art and nature in a 1-of-a-kind...”
other travellers have booked this property
Second bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Second bedroom
First floor, looking from dining room into bathroom
Sunroom on second floor, window faces South, perfect spot to read a book
The endless fascination of watching the flames dance
Looking from living room into dining area
Half of the living room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 20 reviews

Reviews from our community

FreqTrave...
Baltimore, Maryland
“A combination of art and nature in a 1-of-a-kind log cabin-style home”
Reviewed 12 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a chance to meet Rik, the owner, who built this amazing home, which balances the charm of a natural log cabin and the artistic style of a visionary architect. The home reminded me of the famous Gaudi houses from Spain - very unique. The views are fantastic and you are out in nature but only 15 minutes from a grocery store. Great for a retreat or special time with family and friends.

Date of stay: October 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The unique style of the house and the vieq
Liked least: The internet connectivity
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
suko13
Putnam Valley, New York
“The ULTIMATE cabin in the woods experience...a must read for this trip”
Reviewed 19 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

My wife and I had some trouble with the dates that we originally planned for this trip but Rik worked with us and we were able to go this past weekend.
I can't stress enough how much better this place is than in the pictures and the description on tripadvisor. They don't do it justice. The cabin and the property it's on is nothing less than breathtaking. The craftsmanship that he put into building his cabin is just unbelievable. The floors, the steps, the bathrooms, the railings, walls, ceilings, the balconies and porch, the lighting, the bedrooms, the decor... I guess I'd be naming everything in the place, because everything is really beautiful. I walked around the cabin all weekend amazed at how much thought Rik put in to every square inch of the cabin. I was SO impressed with everything. Every two feet, I would call for my wife to come look at something that amazed me about the place. Not to mention the Hobbit house Rik is building in the woods. Just unbelievable! To top things off, we went on a weekend with a full moon and we heard a bunch of coyotes howling! I mean, EVERYTHING about our weekend at this cabin was just amazing. When I read in other reviews about Rik bringing a loaf of warm bread to his guests, I thought OK, that's a nice gesture. But when I tasted this bread, it had to be one of the best loaves of bread I've ever had in my entire life! Lol... I really can't stress enough how amazing our trip was. EVERYTHING about it was awesome. We've already started making plans to go back with some friends and family. There is SO MUCH room in this cabin and every room is just so awesome. We can't wait for our next trip to Vermont. I have to say, my wife and I walked away from this place with so many new ideas and completely inspired!
Thank you Rik for everything. This was one of the best trips we've made in a long time.
Joe and Sue

Date of stay: September 2016
Hope A
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
“Relaxing vacation”
Reviewed 9 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I spent 4 days in this beautiful cabin with my dog. I chose this location because it was off the beaten path and dog friendly. I was able to leave him in the cabin for a few hours as I explored the area without worrying about him. His favorite part was sleeping on the cool slate in the master bath shower! :-) Mine was how quiet it was and the views. I also enjoyed discovering cool touches around the cabin and property. You'll need to see to understand but worth it! The location is about 30 minutes from Manchester and a lovely drive. I can't wait to return!

Date of stay: August 2016
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Beautiful location
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Marjolein...
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Dream house”
Reviewed 3 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Received a very warm welcome from the owner.
The house is a very inspiring, authentic, warm and beautiful product of a creative mind.
Spacious with amazing details. Beautiful, peaceful surroundings.
We will definitely come back!

Date of stay: July 2015
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The amazing shower (as promised)
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Large groups
JulieBonn...
Blackstone, Massachusetts
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This home was like something out of a fairy tale...so beautiful and so much detail through out the house and even outside. Such a peaceful and relaxing place. Not only that, the owner made us warm bread which tasted amazing! The house was very clean too. Definitely a great price for what you got. Our dog had a blast too because the yard was huge. A lot of running around space for him. I just wish we had stayed longer. I will be booking again! I definitely recommend you stay here.

Date of stay: June 2015
Liked best: Beautiful place
Liked least: Only one tv which was in the master bedroom and the DVD player for it was not working.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
peterbF43...
Shaftsbury, Vermont
“Quintessential Vermont”
Reviewed 14 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We recently spent a long weekend at Rik’s Hickory Ridge Cabin. It was everything as billed and then some. The location was perfect. We could only hear the rustle of trees and the song of birds. Rik was the perfect host – he was very clear in his explanations of the house and environs but otherwise left us to discovery this magical place at our leisure.

Rik possess that fine-kind-of-madness of the artist and is rightfully proud of his masterpiece in the trees. His cabin was a source of continued amazement and conversation throughout our stay. A favorite was the downstairs bathroom and shower. I won’t even try to explain it - simply a treasure. My daughter remarked she felt as if she was showering in Hawaii. The cabin and location permeates a sense of the sublime.

We also enjoyed walking the area and visited two nearby award-winning farms. We bought raw milk and great cheese. We visited goats and other farm animals. It was the perfect stress reliever. The locals were so friendly and willing to help. The Farmers’ Market in West Pawlet is a must-see of bygone era.

The house may not suitable for very young children as the porch railings are wide. Cell phone coverage is spotty but that suited us just fine. We hope that all visitors will respect this special house made by a special artist.

Not only have we decided to come back – we want to move to Vermont!

Date of stay: July 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and the cabin itself.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
Samanthap...
“Beautiful cabin in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed 9 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My boyfriend and I booked this cabin with another couple during Christmas. It was a perfect backdrop and atmosphere for the holiday season. The cabin was warm and cozy for when we arrived. Rik kindly allowed us to set up a Christmas tree, which added to our exprience. Rik is knowledgeable about the area and can give directions for groceries and nearest amenities. The cabin is equipped with all kitchen supplies. Rik also promotes an echo friendly stay, with focus on compost and recycling. The only complaint we had was that the beds were a little uncomfortable. We would definitely come back again. It was well worth the drive!

Date of stay: December 2014
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.