“Not bad for the money!!”

Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
MA
“Not bad for the money!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel is not bad for the money! Some rooms are good others are not so good! I have lucked out 3 out of my last 4 stays there and have had some good rooms. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Pool and hot tub are nice! I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Through online booking, we got a very good deal. It was quite, good bed and suitable amenities. Some minor issue like floor lamp and crumped floor carpet but with such a pleasant breakfast service, you can not complain. Breakfast lady was delightful. When an employee is so happy to work, it is passed to customers. Hope they treat her good!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The new owners have obviously put some cash into the hotel. I have stayed here in the past and it was so-so, but it is much improved. I would feel comfortable staying here again. Breakfast is better too.

• Stayed July 2013
Lakeland, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel was completely booked, but the staff was friendly and responsive. Three things were a bother in the room: several wrinkles in the carpet were a trip hazard (we were in a handicap room); the bathroom lavatory faucet was extremely hard to operate; and the shelving placed in the bathroom for toiletries was too high from the floor to be reached from a wheelchair. The room smelled of fish when we first entered, but after airing the room (we opened the window), the room odor disappeared.
Breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My number one requirement of hotels in cleanliness. And while the hotel is older, I felt it was clean.

The staff were super friendly the moment I walked in the doors to check in. When I started walking towards my room I started to worry. The hallways looked like something out of the 1970s. When I opened the room, I was still worried because the furniture was old and chipped and the light switches and plates were old and mismatched. The lighting was dingy and the AC/Heater was unbelievably OLD.

However, the room was clean. Had a nice TV and fridge. The bathroom was small, but clean. Once I pushed a few buttons on the AC it was working just fine. The breakfast area was decent, too. The room was a bit noisy, as we could hear lots of traffic from vehicles leaving the property. You might want to ask for a room on the opposite side.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LZrunner
NewYorkCindy, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Trolley Square, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Property CHI
Burlington VT
Reviewed 8 July 2013

A family occasion, and we could have gone anywhere to celebrate. We chose Rutland, where my dad was born, and Trolley Square. Been to this hotel many times, and will come again. The staff was wonderful to us; both ladies in the breakfast room were lovely to speak with. This is the best breakfast I have ever had in a Comfort Inn. But unique to the day was the free entertainment. I've never seen a better firework display. The hotel is near the fairgrounds where the festivities were, and the display was visible from just across Allen Street. It was a very nice time.

The room was clean, the a/c and wifi worked, and no problems sleeping. We actually had a lovely stay. But ironically enough, I think we got the room that the elephants were in, see two reviews ago. I think it was Rm 328. One of the beds was broken. I had the manager come up to see it, because I didn't want to be blamed for it. He was very nice, and told me he knew we didn't do it. He didn't tell me about the elephants, but he obviously knows the real story. I don't know how much blunt force it takes to break a box spring, but those elephants did it. I believe that the police had to come, and that poor Tina got no sleep.

I was offered another room, but because it didn't really affect us, we stayed. I'm sure they'll replace the boxspring as soon as they can. I am sorry to see that South Station has closed, and Ben and Jerry's has moved to Woodstock Ave. I hope something else comes to Trolley Square to replace them. But even so, this hotel is still very comfortable and inviting, and hope to see them again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family