“Most Helpful Staff I've Seen at a Hotel in a Long Time!”

Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Gorham, New Hampshire
“Most Helpful Staff I've Seen at a Hotel in a Long Time!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed a total of three nights. Our king size room was not overly large, but it was very clean. The continental breakfast had more offerings than most: cold cereals; regular and spiced waffles; eggs and sausage; bagels, muffins, and English muffins; fruit, and yogurts.

This hotel was purchased recently, and renovations are being made. The rooms have new microwaves/mini fridges and flat screen televisions. There is a pool and jacuzzi. Bed was very comfortable.

The down sides of this hotel: bathrooms are painfully small; pool was having problems, and the water was very, very cold. On the flip side, the jacuzzi (which I went into before going into the pool) was way too hot! It was not just me: the maintenance person happened to be there because we closed down the pool, and he said my observations were correct and they were trying to fix the problems. Also, the pool hours are not convenient: 9:00 A.M. - 9:30 P.M. should be extended to 8 - 10. Housekeeping forgot to restock all the sundry items on Day 2, but the hotel staff immediately accommodated us with those items.

Room Tip: Until renovations to the hotel are done, ask to preview your room before accepting it. We travelled...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
MA
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel is not bad for the money! Some rooms are good others are not so good! I have lucked out 3 out of my last 4 stays there and have had some good rooms. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Pool and hot tub are nice! I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Through online booking, we got a very good deal. It was quite, good bed and suitable amenities. Some minor issue like floor lamp and crumped floor carpet but with such a pleasant breakfast service, you can not complain. Breakfast lady was delightful. When an employee is so happy to work, it is passed to customers. Hope they treat her good!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The new owners have obviously put some cash into the hotel. I have stayed here in the past and it was so-so, but it is much improved. I would feel comfortable staying here again. Breakfast is better too.

• Stayed July 2013
Lakeland, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel was completely booked, but the staff was friendly and responsive. Three things were a bother in the room: several wrinkles in the carpet were a trip hazard (we were in a handicap room); the bathroom lavatory faucet was extremely hard to operate; and the shelving placed in the bathroom for toiletries was too high from the floor to be reached from a wheelchair. The room smelled of fish when we first entered, but after airing the room (we opened the window), the room odor disappeared.
Breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My number one requirement of hotels in cleanliness. And while the hotel is older, I felt it was clean.

The staff were super friendly the moment I walked in the doors to check in. When I started walking towards my room I started to worry. The hallways looked like something out of the 1970s. When I opened the room, I was still worried because the furniture was old and chipped and the light switches and plates were old and mismatched. The lighting was dingy and the AC/Heater was unbelievably OLD.

However, the room was clean. Had a nice TV and fridge. The bathroom was small, but clean. Once I pushed a few buttons on the AC it was working just fine. The breakfast area was decent, too. The room was a bit noisy, as we could hear lots of traffic from vehicles leaving the property. You might want to ask for a room on the opposite side.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LZrunner
NewYorkCindy, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Trolley Square, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Property CHI