“A Good value”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
DeWitt, Michigan
“A Good value”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The staff was polite and check-in/out was efficient and accurate. Our standard room had a king-size bed, mini fridge, microwave, 32" flat screen TV, and night stands on each side of the bed (my pet peeve is only one night stand – we both want a place to put personal items) The room was clean and reasonably priced (especially for a weekend). Due to our late arrival, we did not use the pool or hot tub. It is a good value and I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed one night here mid March 2014 by myself. Went up to Rutland, VT to go skiing at Okemo Mountain Resort. The hotel was decently priced and only 35 minutes away from the ski resort. Decided to stay in Rutland, as there are not many hotels near the ski resort. This is now the third time I have stayed here. Check in was fast. I was given room 105, which is located in the annex building. The room was spacious, but the bathroom was a little on the small side. The room included a refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV and free wifi. Wifi speed was pretty good. The room was a little "worn around the edges". Peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, and the heater/AC unit vents could use some cleaning. There is a McDonald's across the street. Breakfast was included, but seating is very sparse. Went down to breakfast around 6:35 and there was no where to sit, as the seats were all occupied by morning skiers about to head out to the slopes. Had to take my breakfast to my room to eat. Breakfast included eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, and a waffle station. I would definitely stay here again for a night or two for price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Okay place. You get what you pay for, unfortunately it was ski season and a Friday night. A so-so place. Location was good, near Route 7 in Rutland. We weren't skiing, just needed a place to stay. It was about 20 minutes from the ski areas for those of you who do.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Prior to arriving I phones the front desk to inquire that the indoor pool was open and operational. I was told yes. After arriving and checking in we went for a swim. The pool water temperature was very cold. After complaining to the front desk we were told that he would turn it up. However the next day with a different crew we were told that the heating element is broke and was on order. They did not expect the pool to be up and running in the next several days. The pool was the reason why we came and would have cancelled if we had knowledge of it being broke. Being lied too just gave us a bad taste for the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rick V

Travellers are raving about these Rutland hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Three friends and myself (two couples), just stayed here this past Friday night, we are from the Boston area so it was quite the drive (3.5 hours) but we were planning on skiing/snowboarding at Okemo the next morning. Anyway its about 30min from Okemo but compared to other lodging closer to the mountain you're looking at paying $120-200 just for one night! We stayed at this hotel for $85 (that's after taxes - I did use my AAA discount though because they offer that). So we pretty much stayed at the hotel for $20 each (we got a 2 queen room). The room itself was very clean and neat, more spacious then I though it would be too. I was bummed we got here at 10pm and just missed the indoor pool/hot tub by an hour or so (closed at 9:30pm) but still great stay! The staff is really friendly, the area is pretty good since you're in a busier city of Vermont (a good thing because you have access to the more affordable stores and such). We also got continental breakfast with the stay which was pretty nice before heading out, it had the basics and then some, plus the ladies who put breakfast out are really the sweetest and most sociable staff I've seen at 7am in the morning!

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend staying here over closer Mountain-side lodging, you'll save a lot m...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sarah S
Weston
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here three nights during the Thanksgiving week. We had a family member in the hospital just up the road from this place. So the location for us is what made us choose this place to stay. It was extremely convenient for us and they did offer us a "hospital rate" which was a good rate so we appreciated that. For this purpose I would stay again.

Stayed November 2013
Shapleigh, Maine
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Staff is pleasant enough but the room was below basic. Came using a group rate which was purported to be the lowest rate and my colleague who did not use the special group rate paid $20 less than I paid.
Carpet is covering a squeaky floor, ceiling has begun to disintegrate near the window and heating/cooling unit in the room up above, where flooding has obviously occurred. My heating unit was covered in rust from some previous malfunction.
Even with the complimentary toothpaste and Emergen-C packets, this property is in need of a total re-hab and needs to close its doors until the project is completed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business