“great mountain at the great price... perfect day”
Review of Pico Mountain

Pico Mountain
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Rutland
More attraction details
Owner description: Pico Peak is family-friendly and price-conscious.
Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

me and my 2 friends what your for our first time after a snowstorm the rates were the best around at 59 dollars after taxes the mountain wasn't packed the food was very reasonably priced and good. overall great value

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I love this place. We skied Killington the day before, and even though they are less than 10 miles apart the conditions here were much, much better. Having said that, you should know it's not a giant resort like Killington or Stowe. It's a smaller, family oriented mountain, but that's exactly why I loved it. The lodge had 3 floors all sharing the same 2 sided fireplace. The 3 mountains provide more than ample variety in slope difficulty, and the peak is awesome. It's one of the best places I've ever skied.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

My friends and I love to ski at PICO. It is just the right size to ski comfortably without getting lost. There are alot of families and local skiers, so it is a safe place to cruise the trails and enjoy the quiet calm of the snowy slopes. The base lodge is a manageable size and the pub upstairs is a great place to warm up, wind down and enjoy local music after a great day skiing. Shhh! don't tell anyone or it will get crowded like the other slopes :)

1  Thank PAL299
Reviewed 2 January 2013

It's nice to get away from all of the hype of VT's larger ski mountains and get back to the basics! Pico is a skier's mountain. Those just looking to hang out at a fancy lodge need not apply!
Pico has everything a skier needs - a decent base lodge, a nice ski shop, friendly ticket sales, a relaxing apres ski bar, and friendly skiers. Oh, and did I mention varying terrain with terrific conditions!
It's been years since I've been to Pico, but I won't hesitate to go back. One of my favorite ski areas in VT!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I feel I gave this mountain a good try.
I came into town because of other reviews stating that this was a fun uncrowded mountain. However on the first day the entire top half of the mountain was closed.
(Operators stated it was to windy)
This is understandable, however that same day when they finally opened the top half of the mountain it was for the last hour and told no one...when we finally got over there it seemed to have only been opened to a select few people that they had been told.
Second day, was worse.
Before leaving, we checked the website for trail and lift conditions, with no mention of the main lift from the bottom being closed. Arrived at mountain and stood in line 30 minutes for lift ticket, with no mention that there was only one lift to the top open! (Due to mechanical issues, despite it being "There best conditions of the year!")
Went to get on the one lift and it was, no joke an hour wait!
Finally got fed up with the line and decided to leave.
Customer service:
(Remeber we have never gotten on the lift).
Spoke to customer service agent at lift ticket office after standing in line again for 30 minutes, although we ask to be expedited to the front of the line for a refund.
Patiently waited our turn, then was denied, after demanding to speak to a supervisor.
Suoervisor Rebecca comes to assist...
This was an even bigger joke after explaining our situation she was uncooperative and at times ubrubt and
Ill-tempered. Moral of the story, check this mountain out thouroughly before buying your ticket!