I called to see if they had a room about 3 hours before I arrived. Yes they had a room a decent rate. I am a Rewards member but it really doesn't matter on the rate, actually I didn't get anything for being one at this hotel. Not even a free bottle of water which is what I got at another HI - gee thanks.
The Manager on Duty that night (6/11) was not very welcoming, she was acting as if I was bothering her when I arrived. I asked for the quickest way to the room and she sent me through hallways, through the pool area and UP THE STAIRS with a suitcase, duffle bag and large purse. Why would someone not mention there is NOT ELEVATOR on that side of the hotel. I was not happy after working for 12 hours with a bad back to carry all my stuff up 2 flights of stairs. It was very hard to believe that every 2nd floor room was taken and I had the room just about the farthest away from the lobby.
I called down to the desk asking if they even had an elevator and the manager said "well you asked for the quickest route to the room" -- really lady, thank you very much.
In the morning, I asked a room cleaner in the hallway where the elevator was, I did have to walk through several hallways and doors to find it but I was glad I didn't have to lug my stuff down 2 flights of stairs.
The room was clean and roomy, internet was extremely SLOW - maybe because I was so far away from the lobby - who knows.
All said and down, I will not stay there again, rewards member or not.
Stay here in the Fall and it was a very different experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Vermont, the Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington is centrally located with easy, scenic access to Vermont's many historical, cultural, shopping and recreational attractions. Our hotel and its friendly, experienced staff consistently earn the area's highest ratings for facilities and guest service. Winner of Rutland Herald's "Reader's Choice" favorite full service hotel, the Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington offers more facilities, services and amenities under one roof than any other local hotel. Plus convenient access to three of the east's best skiing and riding mountains, including Killington, Okemo and Pico. Here in Rutland, we offer the most complete hotel facilities and services in the region, all served up with that good old-fashioned country hospitality that makes you feel right at home. From a warm welcome to assistance with planning itineraries, we’re at your service 24 hours a day. Furthermore, the Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington offers you resort amenities like an indoor heated pool, whirlpools, fitness center, restaurant, lounge and conference center - to make your stay ideal. Whatever draws you to visit Vermont - a piece of history, a slice of Americana or a taste of the great outdoors, we invite you to sample the flavor of the region, with the Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington Hotel Rutland
- Rutland Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area Vermont