Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area
US$55
Travel Inn(Rutland)
US$77
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprime riball you can eathot tubgreat ratebreakfast was includedvery pleasant stayfrench toastfirst floornew englandclean roomstwo double bedsstayed here for one nighteggsrutland killingtonstaff was friendlyconvenient locationindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I called to see if they had a room about 3 hours before I arrived. Yes they had a room a decent rate. I am a Rewards member but it really doesn't matter on the rate, actually I didn't get anything for being one at this hotel. Not even a free bottle of water which is what I got at another HI - gee thanks.
The Manager on Duty that night (6/11) was not very welcoming, she was acting as if I was bothering her when I arrived. I asked for the quickest way to the room and she sent me through hallways, through the pool area and UP THE STAIRS with a suitcase, duffle bag and large purse. Why would someone not mention there is NOT ELEVATOR on that side of the hotel. I was not happy after working for 12 hours with a bad back to carry all my stuff up 2 flights of stairs. It was very hard to believe that every 2nd floor room was taken and I had the room just about the farthest away from the lobby.
I called down to the desk asking if they even had an elevator and the manager said "well you asked for the quickest route to the room" -- really lady, thank you very much.
In the morning, I asked a room cleaner in the hallway where the elevator was, I did have to walk through several hallways and doors to find it but I was glad I didn't have to lug my stuff down 2 flights of stairs.
The room was clean and roomy, internet was extremely SLOW - maybe because I was so far away from the lobby - who knows.
All said and down, I will not stay there again, rewards member or not.
Stay here in the Fall and it was a very different experience.

Room Tip: If you need to use the elevator be sure to ask for a room in that direction. They only have one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear LathamJeanne,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards member and for leaving us a feedback about your stay. I am delighted to read that you found our rooms clean. However, I apologize for the problems experienced with the Internet connection and if the level of service received did not meet your standards. Rest assured your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great hotel with a very helpful and accommodating staff. Very motorcycle friendly. Room was clean and well maintained. Very good buffet breakfast! Very good service each morning by restaurant staff. Because of the great service from Deb in the restaurant and friendly pleasant welcome from Betty at the front desk, I will stay at this Holiday Inn every time I am in the Rutland, VT area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently stayed at the holiday inn and I just wanna thank my housekeeper Amy a very lot for taking care of my room and getting me what I needed throughout my stay. Amy always had a great pleasant smile and attitude that shows she enjoys her job and really cares about her guests. I had asked Amy a couple times to grab me a few things for my room while I was there staying and Amy dropped everything she was doing just to get me what I needed and that's 1 way of great guest service and also she went an extra mile to make my stay feel like I was right at home. After all the hotel has been remodeled and looks great. Would recommend my family and friends to stay there and make sure Amy is there housekeeper. Thank you a lot Amy your such a great help for the holiday inn they need more housekeepers like Amy

• Stayed: May 2014
hivermont, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Steven_5543,

Thank You for taking the time and reviewing us.Your comments and feedback were greatly appreciated by our staff members.We strive for your utmost satisfaction.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was an early April, last minute, last ski trip of the season. Good location. However, only one hot tub worked and it looked really "dated". The sauna was not working. Mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. Safety issue: an electrical box was missing part of the cover at the hot tubs. water could splash into the box.

The breakfast was decent, and free. The staff was pleasant, but the building should be bulldozed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
hivermont, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Bruce A ,

Thank You very much for your review.We regret that we were not able to meet your expectations.
We have taken your comments under serious review and have made changes so that your next visit is a memorable one.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Great little hotel for staying at while skiing Killington and Pico mountains. About 25 mins from Killington and not overpriced like the resort area. Close to shopping and restaurants of Rutland. Hotel clean and well kept as well as pool and hot tub areas as well.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
hivermont, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear pellydog,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Our staff appreciates your time for reviewing us.
We strive for positive feedback from guests, we hope to be able to serve you again soon.