“Run down and falling apart...”

Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Spokane, Washington
“Run down and falling apart...”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed in two rooms in late june '14 and both had serious defects. Both showers had faulty faucets--one could hardly be turned on and the other was impossible to select hot water. The AC units, while functional wera noisy and impossible to set to a comfortable temperature. The public areas were worn. I told a maintenance guy about a door handle hanging by a thread and five days later it was still not fixed.

I will say the food at the restaurant (dinner) was very good. Visit the restaurant, but avoid the rooms.

Room Tip: The rooms I was in would have been quiet except for the frickin' AC/Heating unit that sounded an...
2 Thank alfranco2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear alfranco2,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. We are very pleased that our food selections from the restaurant was to your liking. On the other hand, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have encountered, particularly with the shower, air conditioning system, and overall hotel condition. The feedback we receive from valued guests like you are appreciated as this gives us the opportunity to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Walking into to this property was like being in a time warp.
Everything about the hotel is dated. The lobby, rooms, restaurant all need an update.
the staff was good and the food in the hotel was very good.
But the hotel in all areas needs refurbishing.

1 Thank michael s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear michael s,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, which is why we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. We will certainly address these matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Warm Regards,

Tracy V.
Greenwich, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed in room 144 and my room was great that's the best thing I can say I enjoyed. My housekeeper appears to be Amy she was a great maid!!! She made sure I enjoyed my stay and asked me if there was anything else I may have needed to make my stay better Amy always had a smile on her face and greeted me every time I saw her when I came out of my room which made me feel great I really enjoyed my stay thanks to Amy she knows what she's doing and does a tremendous job. Amy was very polite when I asked her for something and went and got it for me right away!!! I was so pleased with Amy and definitely would recommend staying there in her section again!! I was disappointed that I didn't get a nice friendly note from Amy when I checked out a couple years when I was there I got a nice note that made my day saying I hope u enjoyed your stay with us have a great day and a very safe trip home and this time I didn't get 1 which it kinda upset me because those are the nice things guests like to see because it makes you're stay feel even better I feel the hotel should have some kinds of welcoming note from the housekeeper with there name or something on it but overall my stay was great and thanks to Amy only for making me feel like I was right at home I also feel there should be something for the guests to put there housekeeper in a box or something for employee of the hotel or month something like that because I really feel Amy should get something special for this and I'll be back soon and will be requesting to stay in Amy's section thank you very much Amy well done keep up the good work you're a very good housekeeper...

• Stayed May 2014
Latham
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I called to see if they had a room about 3 hours before I arrived. Yes they had a room a decent rate. I am a Rewards member but it really doesn't matter on the rate, actually I didn't get anything for being one at this hotel. Not even a free bottle of water which is what I got at another HI - gee thanks.
The Manager on Duty that night (6/11) was not very welcoming, she was acting as if I was bothering her when I arrived. I asked for the quickest way to the room and she sent me through hallways, through the pool area and UP THE STAIRS with a suitcase, duffle bag and large purse. Why would someone not mention there is NOT ELEVATOR on that side of the hotel. I was not happy after working for 12 hours with a bad back to carry all my stuff up 2 flights of stairs. It was very hard to believe that every 2nd floor room was taken and I had the room just about the farthest away from the lobby.
I called down to the desk asking if they even had an elevator and the manager said "well you asked for the quickest route to the room" -- really lady, thank you very much.
In the morning, I asked a room cleaner in the hallway where the elevator was, I did have to walk through several hallways and doors to find it but I was glad I didn't have to lug my stuff down 2 flights of stairs.
The room was clean and roomy, internet was extremely SLOW - maybe because I was so far away from the lobby - who knows.
All said and down, I will not stay there again, rewards member or not.
Stay here in the Fall and it was a very different experience.

Room Tip: If you need to use the elevator be sure to ask for a room in that direction. They only have one.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear LathamJeanne,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards member and for leaving us a feedback about your stay. I am delighted to read that you found our rooms clean. However, I apologize for the problems experienced with the Internet connection and if the level of service received did not meet your standards. Rest assured your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Charisse V.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great hotel with a very helpful and accommodating staff. Very motorcycle friendly. Room was clean and well maintained. Very good buffet breakfast! Very good service each morning by restaurant staff. Because of the great service from Deb in the restaurant and friendly pleasant welcome from Betty at the front desk, I will stay at this Holiday Inn every time I am in the Rutland, VT area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Marathon, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently stayed at the holiday inn and I just wanna thank my housekeeper Amy a very lot for taking care of my room and getting me what I needed throughout my stay. Amy always had a great pleasant smile and attitude that shows she enjoys her job and really cares about her guests. I had asked Amy a couple times to grab me a few things for my room while I was there staying and Amy dropped everything she was doing just to get me what I needed and that's 1 way of great guest service and also she went an extra mile to make my stay feel like I was right at home. After all the hotel has been remodeled and looks great. Would recommend my family and friends to stay there and make sure Amy is there housekeeper. Thank you a lot Amy your such a great help for the holiday inn they need more housekeepers like Amy

• Stayed May 2014
hivermont, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Steven_5543,

Thank You for taking the time and reviewing us.Your comments and feedback were greatly appreciated by our staff members.We strive for your utmost satisfaction.

Hotel Guest Relation.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was an early April, last minute, last ski trip of the season. Good location. However, only one hot tub worked and it looked really "dated". The sauna was not working. Mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. Safety issue: an electrical box was missing part of the cover at the hot tubs. water could splash into the box.

The breakfast was decent, and free. The staff was pleasant, but the building should be bulldozed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
hivermont, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Bruce A ,

Thank You very much for your review.We regret that we were not able to meet your expectations.
We have taken your comments under serious review and have made changes so that your next visit is a memorable one.

Hotel Guest Relation.