“Wonderful Night!”

Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Was traveling in the area with my boyfriend and we decided that we didn't want to make the long trip back home. The woman in reservations (I think her name was Gretchen?) helped us TREMENDOUSLY!

Not only was she helpful and polite, but she got us a great room at a great price. The room was clean and comfortable, smoke free, and quiet. The pool was small, but nice, and we wished we had more time so we could order poolside drinks. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Only problem was I got lost in the hallways a few times, but no big deal. :)

Definitely didn't feel like I was in Rutland!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The staff at Holiday Inn in Rutland, VT were great especially Phyllis the cleaning lady did an excellent job every time also Liz and Bob were really good and the ladies at the bar took really good care of my and any company that visited when we would eat dinner their. I feel your staff made my extended stay more comfortable while my house was being repaired.
Sincerely
Myron Loso

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

HI. I returned recently from this hotel over the July fourth weekend. I have been going to this hotel for fourteen years. The staff, acomidations and overall appearance are all excellent. The staff is m,ore than courteous and friendly. The food is excellent. Especially to be commnded are: Lisa, Todd, Megan, Debbie, Abbie, and Bob. I definately will return again. Rafael Katz

Room Tip: Go!! You will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My stay was great except its so humid in the building its ridiculous. The pc was awesome she was so helpful. I think her names Donna. She makes me want to come back. Ty Donna. For the most part the experience was good.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Winston123456
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed in two rooms in late june '14 and both had serious defects. Both showers had faulty faucets--one could hardly be turned on and the other was impossible to select hot water. The AC units, while functional wera noisy and impossible to set to a comfortable temperature. The public areas were worn. I told a maintenance guy about a door handle hanging by a thread and five days later it was still not fixed.

I will say the food at the restaurant (dinner) was very good. Visit the restaurant, but avoid the rooms.

Room Tip: The rooms I was in would have been quiet except for the frickin' AC/Heating unit that sounded an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank alfranco2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear alfranco2,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. We are very pleased that our food selections from the restaurant was to your liking. On the other hand, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have encountered, particularly with the shower, air conditioning system, and overall hotel condition. The feedback we receive from valued guests like you are appreciated as this gives us the opportunity to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Walking into to this property was like being in a time warp.
Everything about the hotel is dated. The lobby, rooms, restaurant all need an update.
the staff was good and the food in the hotel was very good.
But the hotel in all areas needs refurbishing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank michael s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear michael s,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, which is why we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. We will certainly address these matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Warm Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed in room 144 and my room was great that's the best thing I can say I enjoyed. My housekeeper appears to be Amy she was a great maid!!! She made sure I enjoyed my stay and asked me if there was anything else I may have needed to make my stay better Amy always had a smile on her face and greeted me every time I saw her when I came out of my room which made me feel great I really enjoyed my stay thanks to Amy she knows what she's doing and does a tremendous job. Amy was very polite when I asked her for something and went and got it for me right away!!! I was so pleased with Amy and definitely would recommend staying there in her section again!! I was disappointed that I didn't get a nice friendly note from Amy when I checked out a couple years when I was there I got a nice note that made my day saying I hope u enjoyed your stay with us have a great day and a very safe trip home and this time I didn't get 1 which it kinda upset me because those are the nice things guests like to see because it makes you're stay feel even better I feel the hotel should have some kinds of welcoming note from the housekeeper with there name or something on it but overall my stay was great and thanks to Amy only for making me feel like I was right at home I also feel there should be something for the guests to put there housekeeper in a box or something for employee of the hotel or month something like that because I really feel Amy should get something special for this and I'll be back soon and will be requesting to stay in Amy's section thank you very much Amy well done keep up the good work you're a very good housekeeper...

• Stayed: May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutland
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 12 in Rutland
Mendon Mountainview Lodge

Been to Holiday Inn Rutland-Killington Area? Share your experiences!