Our tour operator combined travelers from two or more departures dates, forcing it to find an additional hotel. Unfortunately, this property was selected.
This property was partially closed during renovations. It should have been completely shut down (or, better yet, burned down.) The bedroom: 2 of 4 lamps did not work. One had no light bulb and the other one had a burned out light bulb. Management complied with our request for two light bulbs. The easy chair was stained and, uncomfortably soft and squishy. Our room #225 is not a room to walk barefoot in. The carpet was dirty, shabby, and loose. Although there was a "no smoking" sign on the door, smoking was once allowed as evidenced by the burn holes in the dingy mustard-colored bed spread. The linen--bed and bathroom--was bare-thread. The TV was old (not flat screen). The lamp shades were warped due to the heat from light bulbs.
There was a coffee pot, microwave and old refrigerator in the bedroom. The rubber seal on the refrigerator was deteriorated.
The bathroom: Moldy and smelly. Urine smell? There was shampoo and conditioner but no lotion. The soap was poor quality. No clothes drying cord. The toilet was stained and leaked, requiring us to jiggle the handle to stop the water from continuing to run. The water drained very slowly from the tub/shower, forcing us to stand in several inches of water while showering. The porcelain tub was cracked and a piece missing near the drain.
Complimentary breakfast: Management did try. Freshly made waffles were offered but the dining room was too small to accommodate the guests. The sausages were still frozen and I had to put mine in the microwave to cook them.
This hotel is located in the middle of a one mile stretch. At one end of the one mile stretch is a market and at the other end is a McDonald's. Restaurants close-by include Panera's and Friendly's, both chain eateries. Main St. is a major thoroughfare. It is not pedestrian-friendly: Insufficient crosswalks and lights.
Please check "yes" if this review was helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rutland Ramada now serving a Full hot breakfast buffet with a wide display of items on the menu,These items include scrambled eggs, sausage links , hot belgian waffles, variety muffins and bagels and yogurt, fruit salad , choice of juice , hard boiled eggs and large of cereal and breads. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Limited Of Rutland Hotel Rutland
- Ramada Limited Rutland
- Ramada Rutland
- Rutland Ramada
- Quality Inn Rutland, Vermont