“Great Food with a Lovely Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Roots

Roots
Reserve with OpenTable
Roots is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 116 Restaurants in Rutland
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Center St.
Transit: The Bus provides access from Killington and Castleton. For route information, please visit www.thebus.com.
Long Island, NY
“Great Food with a Lovely Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Last summer my husband and I visited Roots while on our first trip to VT. I had the shrimp salad and was delighted by that choice. Thanks to Jen who recommended that entree!

So when we returned to VT on Sunday, April 13th we were anxious to revisit Roots for a great dining experience. They did not disappoint. The curry squash soup was absolutely delicious! I stuck with the shrimp salad and was even more pleased this time around. My husband had the chicken stew and was very happy with his choice as well.

Jen was a great! Her service was on point and she was very knowledgeable of the menu. This helps for those of us with food intolerances/ allergies.

My husband and I felt this was one of the best dining experiences we've had. And we have had many.

Thank you to the staff of Roots. A job well done!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Michelle C

Rutland, Vermont
“A lot of people love it...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Most everyone I know love Roots, my only issue is that it's not my kink of menu - too healthy. I recommend Roots.

• Visited April 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Food and service simply beyond compare. I would open a chain of these restaurants if I had the means.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The title says it all. I cannot recommend this highly enough. If you only have one meal in Rutland, make it Roots.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Daniel S
“Natural food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was an excellent restaurant, very friendly and there were single couples and families. I live in Charleston SC where the food is unexcelled, locally sourced and varied.

• Visited October 2013
Rutland, Vermont
“Farm to table fresh local food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Excellent food with an emphasis on Vermont grown ingredients. Service is good. The only problem is that it's small and can be crowded.

• Visited March 2014