“Fantastic Indian food in Rutland”
Review of Jia Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Jia Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

Jia is delicious. Don't be fooled, even though the food is sold through a gas station, the menu items are still top notch. The owners should open a restaurant downtown with the same items. I know they'd have a lot of business.

1  Thank Stecroix

Reviewed 5 September 2012

This is a gas station. It provides take-out Indian food from a steam table. The bread appears to be made elsewhere, but I can't state that I am sure of this. The food is OK. I wish I could be more charitable in my review, but I can't.

1  Thank AngusMacTavish0
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We love Indian food, and when we travel we tend to look for Indian restaurants. We saw Jia listed in TripAdvisor, and had to give it a try. Placed the order coming back from Saratoga, food was ready just as we were getting there, and brought it back to our hotel. The food was excellent for each of the four dishes we selected. Everything was very fresh, and tasted exceptional. The only reason we gave it a 4 was because we asked for the Vindaloo to be spicy, and it was moderate at best. Perhaps for the area, that is as spicy as it gets. Bottom line, if you don't mind take-out, this is definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank joysinell
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Great authentic Indian food and friendly service, despite the weird location in a gas station!
Wish they would open a sit down restaurant.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

How I wish that the owners would open a restaurant. Picking up take-out at a gas station initially sounds a little weird, but don't let that discourage you. Jia has excellent service, with phone orders usually ready to pick up in 10 to 15 minutes. I've never had an order wrong, and I've ordered scores of times. All of the dishes we've tried have been big winners - I'm fixated on the shahi paneer korma - fantastic. My husband usually orders the meat special of the day and has not been disappointed. Their prices are so reasonable - I get two meals out of a single order. They provide a generous portion of rice with every serving. I wish they had pakoras but they don't. I haven't been excited about their naan, so I don't order it. Their mango lassi is as good as any I've had. Just wirting this review has me wanting to head over to jia, buy the cheapest gas in town, and get shahi paneer korma. Cheerful owners, and you can watch your meal being prepared behind the counter if you wish.

1  Thank VTLongTimeTraveler