“I expected more based on the reviews.”
Review of Jia Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Jia Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Carmel, New York
“I expected more based on the reviews.”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This food was decent, but not anything special. We tried Chicken Tikka Masala and Saag with potatoes. The chicken was the better dish. However, the lamb samosas were delicious! The vegetable samosa was a bit lacking. We love Indian food and, fortunately, we live in NY so we get the great stuff all the time.

• Visited March 2013

Rutland, Vermont
“Fantastic Indian food in Rutland”
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

Jia is delicious. Don't be fooled, even though the food is sold through a gas station, the menu items are still top notch. The owners should open a restaurant downtown with the same items. I know they'd have a lot of business.

1 Thank Stecroix
Commack, NY
“this is not really a restaurant”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This is a gas station. It provides take-out Indian food from a steam table. The bread appears to be made elsewhere, but I can't state that I am sure of this. The food is OK. I wish I could be more charitable in my review, but I can't.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank AngusMacTavish0
Ellington, Connecticut
“This good food comes out of a convenience store?”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We love Indian food, and when we travel we tend to look for Indian restaurants. We saw Jia listed in TripAdvisor, and had to give it a try. Placed the order coming back from Saratoga, food was ready just as we were getting there, and brought it back to our hotel. The food was excellent for each of the four dishes we selected. Everything was very fresh, and tasted exceptional. The only reason we gave it a 4 was because we asked for the Vindaloo to be spicy, and it was moderate at best. Perhaps for the area, that is as spicy as it gets. Bottom line, if you don't mind take-out, this is definitely worth a visit!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank joysinell
Rutland, Vermont
“Great Indian food for a great price”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Great authentic Indian food and friendly service, despite the weird location in a gas station!
Wish they would open a sit down restaurant.

Visited July 2012