“Very pleasant”

Dining options: Reservations
Brandon, VT
“Very pleasant”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I hadn't been to this restaurant since it was Tapa's. Very pleasant experience. All the staff was pleasant & inviting. We were greeted promptly, seated promptly, waited on promptly, asked how our meal was and was visited by another staff, whom I think was the manager & again asked if everything was ok. This should be typical for any restaurant, but it was well done here. The only complaint I would have is why, at 6:00 p.m., the restaurant is already out of an item on the special list. The food was great, good portion & well priced. Will return.

• Visited July 2013

“Truly awesome place”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My husband and I are 'regulars' at Kelvans & we have been for years, and the two most significant reasons are 1) the food... It's dynamo & 2) the bartender (Christina) she is awesome.... I wouldn't choose any other restaurant in our state over this one! The instant you step through the door you are greeted warmly by all the staff, even those not waiting on you, but it's the bartenders friendliness & quick service that puts the icing on the cake, she is always there with your next drink before you even know you need one.. She continually watches over the crowd to see who is in need of her attention & she has never failed to be friendly & chatty in her delivery of both food & drink to all her customers. I very much appreciate this restaurant for being in my home town where I can benefit from all it's greatness :)

NY
“Glad we went”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We stopped for a drink earlier in the day before deciding where we would have our Friday night dinner. Lovely drinks outside and decided to have dinner inside at the bar. Great menu, food is creative and tasty. The owner was very pleasant and engaging. The bartender was attentive to the local regulars and not to those of us who have not frequented Kelvans. Definitely worthy of another visit, but the staff might consider all customers as equals.

Rutland, Vermont
“Outstanding Value”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I've been here twice. First order was the Reuben, second order was the baby green salad. Both were outstanding. Sandwiches come with either real hand cooked fries - regular or sweet potato. I'd come back just for the fries! But the salad was amazing. Everyplace makes a green salad with chicken but Kelvan's comes with the best roasted seasoned slices of chicken breast that I have ever had on top of healthy greens (no iceberg here) tossed in a balsamic dressing with candied walnuts and dried cranberry pieces. Prices are very reasonable and service is great! Eat here once and you'll be a regular.

Parrish, Florida
“Great Downtown Place”
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Just ate here and absolutely thoroughly enjoyed my corned beef sandwich on marble rye with sweet potato fries and kale slaw. They have a standard menu and nightly specials. Our son had the seared ahi tuna over salad which he also reported as excellent. He cleaned his plate after thoroughly enjoying his seafood bisque. Well worth your time to try this one.