“good food and service”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“good food and service”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Went there with friends from NY and we all loved it...never been even thou I am living here..glad we went!!!

• Visited March 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly terrible”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We tried this restaurant due to so many of our friends loving it. We were placed at a high top table near the bar and it was incredibly noisy and kind of cold. We could barely talk to one another because the folks at the bar were extremely loud and the kitchen was on the other side of the wall of which we sat. My water tasted as if it was out of the toilet bowl, to the point where I could barely drink it. I ordered a soda which was somewhat flat! That's the best part of my meal. I ordered the breaded ravioli (which is normally an appetizer) as my meal. They were soggy and still frozen on the inside. I don't like to complain so my boyfriend order me a plate of quesadillas which were OK but the guacamole was kind of gross and the lettuce was brown around the edges. My boyfriend's meal was decent but I was so frustrated that we payed our bill and went out to get a pizza instead. We possibly would have complained but the bartender was our server and it was very difficult to get her attention. She also checked on us by yelling to us from behind the bar, so obviously I would not have been comfortable stating my opinion in front of so many people whose attention was now on us.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kmk10290
Rutland, Vermont
“Nice staff, that's about it”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I've been here twice for lunch and both times was disappointed. I used to frequent the restaurant under previous ownership and I really wanted to like it. But after 2 lunches, the inside is dingy and the food is mediocre. Nothing great about it. Today there were 2 fruit flies harassing us throughout the entire lunch. The iced tea was bland. I ordered a cheese steak sandwich with fries because it's something you can't screw up. I'm assuming the steak was something I could buy out of the supermarket. The bread was good. The french fries are okay, fresh cut but around here that's becoming very common so they don't stand out. My lunch partner ordered the black bean soup and sweet potato fries. They were both very good.

Overall, the staff is very pleasant but the 2 times I've visited I just haven't been impressed with the food.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank blc914
massachusetts
“Good food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Our stop to Rutland, Vermont was in conjunction with a train ride with Green Mountain Railroad leaving from Bellows Falls, Vt.. On the train ride up we stop for an hour and a half in Rutland for the October's Farmers Market, local restaurants and shopping. We decided on Kelvan's Restaurant as my wife and I were touring the city. We were immediately seated, our order taken, and the food was on the table in less than 20 minutes. The wait staff was very pleasant and attentive. We would enjoy another fine lunch or dinner at Kelvan's the next time we are in the Rutland area. Well worth the stop!!

• Visited October 2013
“A warm friendly place with good food”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We came here because of other reviews on our way to Manchester. We had lunch-salmon salad was excellent and my partner had today's special enchilada- also very good. Excellent value,

• Visited July 2013