“Stay somewhere else”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Rutland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The room was way to small. The beds had the original plastic wrapper on them making sleep noisy and hot. Some weird old guys hanging out. The kids working in the office were great! No breakfast. Rooms just too small for any comfort. The Red Roof down the road is much nicer and about the same price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 March 2011

Will never stay at this motel again. On site management ignored unruly guests behavior. I had 2 days with no sleep because of inconsiderate and immature behavior by almost everyone else staying there. I was intimidated by the number of people that were out of line. I felt powerless to do anything about it short of calling the authorities, which I did not do for fear of repercussion. I did not contact the front desk because I had been informed at check in that no one would be available at the front desk after 1030 pm. I was not aware until I checked out that MANAGEMENT LIVED ON THE PROPERTY!!! I am considering no longer using Choice Hotels because of this experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank casellem
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I can't even start with a good comment. Started with the AC vibrating, thought it was going to fall out of the wall. Address front office on it and all I got wa s"we've never had this happen before". They did nothing about it. then the pool had something like dog hair in it and the front office again only said " we don't have any dogs here". The room wa not clean, the linens hd holes in the bedsheets the size of quarters. The shower head if moved would fall off. Whatever you do dont' asks for more towels...We had siz people staying in the family room and only had 4 towels. Asked for more and it was a fight, they sid they would give us more in the morning when they cleaned. The list is endless of problems we encountered during out stay here. Needless to say instead of staying the 2-3 nights planned we checked out after 1 night. Management was never around to talk to and never offered anything off the stay. They even had the nerve to send a letter (by the way not on letterhead just plain paper) for a % off our next stay. like that will happen after the horrorible service and accomadations there. Even contacted Rodway headquarters and never heard from them...RODWAY INN not the place to stay!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jmt62
Reviewed 11 September 2010

For the money it's fine really. Service was pleasant and breakfast was suggested. Beds covered with a plastic liner so no bed bugs at all. Fridge and microwave both in the room, steambath option in bathroom. Outdated, yes, but sufficient and economical for the night. Bring hair conditioner as the only offer soaps and shampoo. Enjoy some Baliwood soaps too lol :) We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Malamik
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I read a couple of reviews after I had booked and was dreading the stay but it was not as bad as I thought. The room was clean and a little on the small side. Very convenient location and a perfectly acceptable place to stay for one or two nights at a really affordable price. No exactly soundproof and we could hear some road noise but other than that it worked fine.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

My folks have been going to this motel since the 60s anyway, and i have some nice memories of it from years ago. It never was posh, just a nice, low budget family motel. Habit is a funny thing; it makes you go back a half a dozen times after you decided maybe it is time to move on. We notice how they don't keep it up; how it just gets a little worse each time. I think these foreigners who run it are doing the best they can, but they come from a different culture. The breakfast, which was not done in the old days, is not an improvement. I've seen them set out donuts so old you're afraid to touch them. You can get a good breakfast down the street at Sewards, which unlike this place, is delightfully unchanged. This once comfy little motel in Rutland ain't what it used to be.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2009

The biggest gripe is with the service when we needed to check out. I had the room for 1 night with my fiance, I was in Rutland for an job interview in the morning. I was running late and didn't get a chance to call back to tell the staff until about noon, but couldn't really understand the lady(there was an elderly Indian woman and man that were there, not sure if they are the owners or what..) Come to find out when I talked to my fiance when I got back at 2 is they kicked her out of the room at 11. The maid came to try and clean at 9:30, then 10:30, then the man came at 11, was rude and told her she had to go, watching her pack up, telling her to turn off the tv, etc.. So she went to wait in the office until I got back, and the man continued to berate her and scold her and basically make her feel like crap and in so many words made it clear he didn't want her waiting in the small office/lobby. So she had to wait outside in the Vermont winter for two hours until I got back. The whole ordeal for her was completely uncalled for, especially when most of the rooms were clearly vacant(it was a Monday). This was only her second time to Vermont, and I felt sorry that she didn't experience the traditional hospitality and kindness you'd find up here. Besides the horrendous customer service, the place was what you'd expect for a hotel of that price. Our room was fairly clean, a couple of the towels had little stains, I've stayed in worse, but the hot water didn't work in the faucet(did in the shower) and the thermostat was kind of hard to get right because it didn't have any temperatures on it.
I wouldn't recommend the place based on our experience with the staff, its unfortunate they don't care the least about their customers.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business