“Good Value”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Ingonish
“Good Value”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here in late October of 2013. I see people's complaints about this hotel and wonder why. We paid $66 per night and thought that it was very good value. It is an older property and thus shows a little wear but the rooms were spacious and clean and the hot continental breakfast included waffles, eggs, cereal, fruit, toast bagels, juice, coffee and tea etc. What do you want for $66.
PS; The staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for your recent posting. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad we were able to provide you with a clean, spacious room, at an great value. My staff and I work very hard to give the best customer service possible. We are always undergoing renovations to give our guest's the best. I hope your travels bring you back to us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Room is large but smells like they just turned the room into a non-smoking room without a deep cleaning to remove the 35 years or so of being smoked in? Hopefully i will be able to sleep tonight so fingers crossed the bed is comfortable enough. Vermont is a beautiful state and well worth seeing. Reception was friendly and good......................"..................................................................................."...........................................................................................................

Room Tip: If u are sensitive to smoke don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for your recent posting. Please accept my sincere apologies, for us not meeting your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us. I am happy that my staff were able to take care of you and they were professional and friendly.
Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stopped in Rutland on our way up Rte 100 through Vermont. We selected this hotel in based on the price from the coupon books that can be found everywhere. Of course, it was a bait and switch - only a limited number of rooms at the advertised price, but they could give us one for 40% more. That should have been enough to send us down the road, but we succumbed and stayed the night.

The hallways and doorframes should have tipped us off dark and dingy, with industrial aluminum around the doors - not the most welcoming hotel I've ever stayed in. Open the door and we were overwhelmed by the stale odour in the room. Oh well - we're only here for a night. The room didn't have the 42" flatscreen that was touted in the ad either - that's only available in the premium king rooms.

We headed downtown to Little Harry's for dinner (highly recommended), then returned to our room. It was warm and stuffy, the HVAC didn't seem to work very well, we could hear the TV in an adjacent room (well into the wee small hours of the night).

But at least there's breakfast to look forward to. NOT!!! The waffle batter had been watered down at least 3x more than I've ever seen before. In most hotels I've stayed at it slowly oozes out of the dispenser. Here, you had to be sure to close the tap almost as soon as you opened it or it would overfill the cup. Once the waffle was cooked, it was nothing but air in the middle, with a thin crust on either side. The OJ tasted more like tang than Minute Maid, and my wife insisted that we stop for a decent cup of coffee on the way out of town.

I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before, but if this establishment was indicative of what to expect, I never will stay at another.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies, and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
At Red Roof Inn, we take customer feedback very seriously. Please be assured that your concerns will be looked at, to see where we fell short in giving you our best.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We've stopped by for a night sleep at Red Roof Inn during our recent Vermont trip in October. The location is great, Rutland is just a bit away from VT 100 scenic drive and other Vermont attractions.

Unfriendly reception and poor breakfast are the reasons to evaluate as "poor" this hotel. In one expression, the service at Red Roof Inn is impersonal, with no genuine interest to the guest needs or questions. I have no reasons to recommend this inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback, is it very important to us. Please accept my sincere apologies for your stay not being great. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, in all areas of your stay. I am glad that the location of the hotel was what you were looking for. I will share your comments with my team.
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I booked a nonsmoking room & the room reeked of smoke. Also it is listed as having a flat panel TV and did not. The outside area around the rear of the parking lot had a great deal of trash. Terrible mattress & stained chairs. When I first tried to make the reservation I repeatedly called this hotel and there was no answer. I then attempted to make the reservation on line thru Hotel.Com (Expedia) and the screen said the reservation did not go through. So I called and made one thru Hotel.com by phone. I called RR the day before leaving for directions and was told I had two reservations to contact Hotel.com. I did and it took an hour. Called RR back to make sure one was cancelled and I had one. Today 3 months later I get an email from Expedia saying to call RR. RR says they know nothing to call Expedia. Expedia says RR put in that they had not been paid - my AMEXCO chg 2X- 1 refund.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ruth K
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback, it is very important to my team & I. Your comments have been noted, and any concerns will be looked at.
Montreal
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Red Roof Inn is conveniently located and thus perfect for a one-night stay when you are crossing Vermont. The rooms are large with high ceilings, clean, have all the amenities but they smell of smoke probably coming from the ventilation system. (We also noticed some people smoking in non-smoking rooms). Breakfast is very good and plentiful, the hotel staff very friendly and attentive. Too bad, I would have given a four-point rating if it had not been for the smell of smoke which I found very bothersome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, away from the busy road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rivzi
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your recent review. Your feedback is very important to us. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our large, clean rooms, along with so many amenities. I appreciate your comments about how the staff were friendly and attentive. I am sorry to hear that some people were smoking in non smoking rooms, and that the smoke bothered you. It is not nice when people have no consideration for other people. We continue to try our best, so that this does not happen and will try to keep our rooms as smoke free as we can. I hope you can visit us again in the near future.