“Great place to catch the snow!”
other travellers have booked this property
Homeshare Guest bedroom showing futon set up.
Gorgeous view across street during Autumn.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Homeshare Guest bedroom showing futon set up.
Gorgeous view across street during Autumn.
Postcard-like view of the pretty city of Rutland,Vermont.
Hershey, the dog with a heart ! She loves company!
Shared staircase to yard and Bunny Trail.
Barred Owl 7' up in Pine tree in front yard.
My country Kitchen.
My eclectic,cozy,country  kitchen -make yourselves at home .
I always decorate the house and tree for all of the Holidays!
Livingroom looking into diningroom.
I'm happy to make breakfast for you and I usually will offer dinner if I'm having any myself.
The hallway upstairs outside of the bedrooms.
Easy to ascend ,gradual staircase.Bedroms and bathroom are on 2nd. level.
Clean bathroom-all linens,soap,shampoo,etc..included
Bathroom is shared.Only a few steps outside of your guest bedroom door.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Kurt K
“Great place to catch the snow!”
Reviewed 27 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

Chris is very welcoming and makes sure you are comfortable during your stay. He has a great location about 20 minutes from Killington. I have stayed with him multiple times and consistently enjoy being there. Chris also has a sweet dog who is always excited to greet the guests!

29 Dec 2017
Thanks Kurt for your kind words! I always enjoy hosting you and your family.
I'm happy to know that you have a good time here and enjoy the skiing nearby.Looking forward to seeing you again!
-Chris-
GahouW
Stony Brook, New York
“Best”
Reviewed 25 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

We came for the foliage last year and snowboarding last weekend because Chris's house is so convenient and he's such a great host and friend. The room is cozy and well decorated. We love his dog Hershey. I don't know about other places in Rutland but I would only choose Chris if I come next time.

Your age range 25-34
26 Jan 2017
Thank you Gahou for your very kind review. I was happy to host you and Shuyi again. It is nice of you to think of Hershey too ! I am happy that you 3 all had a fun and happy weekend.
I look forward to seeing you all again.-best wishes,-Chris-
Gabriel C
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed 25 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Friendly host provides with excellent services including great breakfast. Chris (the owner) have companied with me and shared his stories. We'll visit again!

26 Jan 2017
Thanks for your kind words Gabriel. I enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you. I look forward to seeing you again !
Stacy M
Fryeburg, Maine
“friendly, comfortable, warm, clean, and great location!”
Reviewed 23 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

We felt right at home with Chris and his awesome dog Hershey. Soon as you walk in you feel comfortable and we were treated with respect and care. Thank you again, it was a pleasure staying there and meeting Chris!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
26 Feb 2016
Thank you Stacy ! I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay at my Homeshare. I also enjoyed meeting you,Brett and Champ! You are all welcome back anytime!
Blackmagy...
Somerset, New Jersey
“Wonderful and Impressive Place!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

This was one of the best places I personally have been in. The rooms were very comfy and clean. The rooms were very clean, and I felt right at home the first 5 minutes. Awesome place Chris, it was a great Christmas.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: There was nothing that I didn't like.
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
15 Jul 2015
Thanks so much for your extremely kind review Sean and Yee. I only wish I had been able to meet you and your family. I would welcome you all back as guests anytime!
I'm happy that you had some nice family time together .Also glad to hear the skiing was good too.
Best wishes,
-Chris-
Branchport, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Jul 2015
Thanks Corey !
I enjoyed having you as a house mate for the month that you were here. It was nice to have the company.I'm glad that you took advantage of the nearby hiking trails and had a good experience staying at my homeshare.
New York
Reviewed 17 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
17 Jan 2014
Hi Katie,
It was nice to have you and Kevin here again.I enjoyed your company.I'm glad that you were able to see some different places on this vist.Don't forget to join the 251 club.You've already visited quite a few Vermont towms! Thank you again for your lovely review and the really nice pictures too ! Until the next time-CHRIS-
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;