“Quiet and Relaxation”
Review of Back Inn Time

Back Inn Time
Ranked #1 of 1 Saint Albans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had a most enjoyable five-night stay at KarenMarie and Ron's lovely inn. As I was in town visiting family and attending two family reunions, I wasn't able to spend a lot of time at the inn, but when I returned at the end of each day, I felt like I was going "home" to a quiet, relaxing retreat. Hope's Suite had a comfortable bed and luxurious linens. The other guests were quiet and respectful, and I slept better than I do in my own home (the train whistle is music to some ears, but I did tune it out with the window fan). Getting ready for the day was a pleasure with the delightful aroma of breakfast wafting up the stairs. KarenMarie's fresh ingredients and culinary artistry made for delectable breakfasts. KarenMarie and Ron gave me the feeling that I had made new friends, and I would love to return to Back Inn Time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank BarbA46
There are newer reviews for Back Inn Time

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had to cancel a booking because of a plumbing disaster at home after the two-week deadline. This B & B charged me the max they could: first night deposit, tax and the Canadian exchange rate ($166).

I will try a different B & B next time...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Kenneth F
BackInnTimeVT, Owner at Back Inn Time, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We are very sorry that Kenneth never contacted us directly after the charges. He has never stayed with us before, and was given the same email confirmation and cancellation policy given to all guests upon booking. When I contacted him in response to his plumbing issue at home and his desire to cancel, I asked him if he would like to reschedule his stay and offered to roll the reservation forward. He declined saying that he had no idea when he could reschedule his trip. At that point, I told him that I had already been attempting to rebook his reservation. (Unfortunately, no one took us up on his room and nights reserved, as his stay was imminent.) Most importantly, I told Kenneth that I would track his reservation and that if he could determine a time to rebook in the coming months I would credit him. He thanked me.

I am very sorry that Kenneth felt the need to write a "review" for an inn he has never stayed at, but even more sorry, that he apparently doesn't think we will honor our word to credit him when he reschedules his plans. We will attempt to contact him again and reassure him.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We enjoyed a weekend stay in the Lovejoy Room. KarenMarie and Ron were very attentive, directing us to excellent restaurants, local farmer's market, music on the town green and the Missisquoi Rail Trail during our stay. We slept well, ate well and enjoyed an excellent Vermont wine on the deck with our hosts and other guests. Highly recommended as is the town of St. Albans.

Room Tip: The Lovejoy room was a bit small, but the spacious bathroom helped with storing luggage and toiletri...
2  Thank Bonnie057
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I had an excellent stay at the Back Inn Time Inn while on a bicycle trip in Vermont. Ron and KarenMarie are very friendly and accommodating, the house is lovely and full of interesting original details, and the breakfasts were terrific. On Friday, they had a wonderful evening of live music and an option for dinner in their renovated garage and outdoor deck.

The Inn is right in town, a short walk to restaurants, museums, and churches, and a short bicycle ride to the start of the Missisquoi Rail Trail, which runs up to Richford, Vermont (where there is another excellent B&B--the Grey Gables Mansion).

Room Tip: The pictures on the website are very accurate. If you are just staying overnight and don't ex...
1  Thank stmalo7
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Back Inn Time gave us everything we could have hoped for! Beautiful decor, attention to detail, and warm, dedicated, professional service from Ron & KarenMarie helped to provide the perfect getaway. During our stay over the July 4th weekend we were entertained by wonderful live music, quality home cooked food and drink, and good company. Our stay was a dream and we look forward to frequenting this hidden gem for years to come.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

As part of bike trip around lake Champlain , we spent 2 nights at Back inn Time with our host Karenmarie and Ron. After a week bike trip this Inn was a little paradise.
The Inn and hosts were wonderful, welcoming, knowledgable and gracious.
The location was perfect, we walked to dinner and rode our bikes easily to trail head. It was located central to the city but offered quiet peaceful porches and gardens to relax and indulge in the flowers,birds and a lovely glass of wine as the Inn. The inn was spacious, gardens and numerous porches it was welcoming and allowed for us to have some quiet reflection areas. Fresh flowers graceful decorated every room
The renaissance room was beautiful, large, windows, fireplace and comfortable bed! The details, high quality linen, soft robes, bottled water,shampoos and a great mattress.
Wine and cheese in the afternoon was a nice touch. Breakfast was beyond description. The food was all organic,plentiful and delicious.
I was impressed with the variety of foods, fruits, and juices. The breakfast room was lovely comfortable place to meet the others and celebrate a great meal. A must stay in St. Albans.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraLee322
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here on a bicycle trip through Vermont. A very well put together inn and professionally but also personally run. I had expected something pretty nice based on other reviews and was pleasantly surprised to fin it even exceeded my expectations. On arrival we upgraded to the Atwood Room from the Lovejoy Room - the latter would have been very nice but the Atwood Room was more spacious and to us just more interesting/unusual. We were able to store our bikes in the back room. St. Albans seems to be on the upswing and overall was a more hip/cool town than we expected, and we'll look at coming back here to stay again with friends to ride the 25 mile Missiquoi Valley Rail Trail which starts very close to the Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Inn At Buck Hollow Farm
Inn At Buck Hollow Farm
#1 of 2 in Fairfax

Been to Back Inn Time? Share your experiences!