All reviews front desk room was clean dunkin donuts canadian border off the highway nice place to stay continental breakfast highly recommend this hotel hard boiled eggs convenient location northern vermont main street would stay again close to downtown stayed one night third floor king bed
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed for one night on our way to Canada, the hotel is clean,comfortable and pleasant. The breakfast was more than adequate and for the price we paid we felt we got a really good deal. The only downside for us was pets are allowed in the hotel, and in the room next to us was a very yappy dog, which was quite annoying and disturbed our sleep. Because of this we may look elsewhere next time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed one night on business and was perfectly happy with my stay. The hotel is up-to-date, clean, and the staff are pleasant. Check-in was straightforward. The room was comfortable. Not at all dated. The breakfast included hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, waffles, juices, toast and pastry, and coffee. It wasn't the Ritz but it was completely fine. I would stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed one night on business and was very happy with my stay They are one of the few places to stay in this area, but they don't take advantage of their somewhat captive audience. I've stayed here several times before and have always had the same good experience. Friendly front desk staff, great king size bed in my room, and microwave and frig, as well. Not too many bathroom products - don't forget your own lotion and conditioner - but otherwise a well equipped room. Free wireless, free parking, free breakfast...what more could you want for the price?

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I had to select the May 2011 option for our visit, as earlier options were not available.

We stayed at the St. Albans LaQuinta in 2006, and it was AWFUL!!! Unless they are now under new management, with renovations in the rooms since 2006, then my review stands.

We had hotel points saved up to equal 5 free nights, and we were assured we could apply our points to our stay when I reserved our room long in advance. Upon arrival, we were told they would only accept 3 nights-worth. We weren't even there during any "peak" season. I was livid, for this hotel was the "nicest" one in the immediate area, and we had not planned on shelling out the additional money in our budget, which left us having to cancel other things we had planned. We spoke to the front desk clerk, and then also the hotel manager to try to rectify this issue, to no avail. I also did not appreciate how absolutely rude and unconcerned both were - and I remained absolutely nice throughout the ordeal!

Our room itself was very unclean, and unpleasant. The carpet floors smelled and had a grimy feel. Our socks and feet actually were black after walking on it. The bedspreads were also gross with stains, and the beds very uncomfortable. The bathroom door would not open all the way due to the counter being in the way, and you had to jimmy yourself in through the opening. Every time you'd enter, you'd get slammed right back in the face with the door. This was NOT AT ALL PLEASANT, as I was also pregnant at the time, and had severe morning sickness to, ah hem, deal with regularly.

It is one of the only hotels in St. Albans, which is a HUGE disappointment in itself. We are planning another visit this year to the area to see our friends, but I'm going to check out B&B's this time around. Hopefully they won't be an arm and a leg, either. Oy.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere if you can help it.
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank From_the_Southeast
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We visited the hotel for one night enroute to Jay Peak. The hotel was clean, simple and well maintained. it is just off the highway and very easy to find. Front staff was excellent and very friendly. The breakfast was straightforward and decent selection for a quick free hotel breakfast. The only issue was the pool. We went to look at it the night we arrived and it was very cloudy with lots of pieces of what looked like toilet paper floating around. We didn't use the pool and forgot to give staff a heads up which I regret.

Date of stay: March 2012