“Surprising find!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Thai House is a small, unassuming restaurant with outdated decor, but the food is pretty darn good! My boyfriend and I went here for lunch and were pleasantly surprised at the quick service.

We ordered the Thai House spring rolls, Tom Kah soup, Thai beef salad, Thai iced tea, and some pork dish. Compared to other Thai restaurants, I found their portions to be a little on the small side but reasonable for the price. The spring rolls were especially addicting because the filling was lightly spiced with curry.... yum!

I definitely want to come back and try their curry and sticky rice dessert!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Thai House is an understated, small Thai restaurant in a mini mall within a larger mall in St. Albans, Vermont. The staff is very friendly and efficient, and the food was lovely. I have eaten here several times. During the most recent visit, I ordered the Pad Thai, and Crab Angels, which were like crab rangoons. They served a complimentary cup of soup with my main course. It was a delicate broth with scallions, cilantro(?), chicken and noodles floating in it. Excellent. I also had jasmine iced tea. I lingered over my meal, savoring the color, texture, scent and taste of each dish. Ai! Ai! Great Thai! I will be back again. If you like Thai, this is a little hidden gem just outside of the downtown area. Well worth the hunt.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Probably one of the last dining choices I was looking for around St. Albans was Thai. I like Thai, but I was looking for something a little more "local". I actually only found this place because I was going to the supermarket. The Thai House is on the back side of a building, effectively hidden from the road. I saw one of the signs proclaiming that they had been voted the Best Thai Restaurant of Vermont in a 2009 Reader's Choice vote, and I was intrigued.
The owners keep the outside nicely landscaped with flowers, etc. Inside, it is a nice decor, though nothing jumps out at you as special.
I was greeted and seated immediately, and service continued to be efficient and pleasant throughout the meal. Their chicken Tom Yum was excellent. The boneless Honey Duck ("The Famous Dish of Thai House") was not truly boneless as it had two leg bones, but that was trivial. The duck had exceptional taste and crispness, with little of the fattiness you usually get with duck, and the accompanying vegetables were very good. One of the highlights of the meal was a mango sticky rice dessert. It was one of the best desserts I've ever had! Their chrysanthemum tea was excellent.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stopped here, based on Trip Advisor ratings, for lunch today. We were not disappointed. The food was great! There is no separate lunch menu, so the pricing was a bit higher than it might have been, but the food was excellent. We'd stop here again without hesitation.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Although I always love my Masuman Curry, it was especially nice eating it here, as the chef cooked up some 'extra' sauce for me special, on request. The service was perfect. Not just generous, but also very quick!! This was a great restaurant experience.

1  Thank DavidSusanMilillo