“Nasty stinky place”

Cadillac Motel
Cadillac Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Saint Albans
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Rooms smell bad like mold. The porch on the hill is falling down...and has holes in it! I thought i was gonna fall through. Felt very unsafe!! The rooms are not cleaned very well and the housekeepers complain about any trash left in the room! Overall a terrible place to stay.....unless you just dont care about safety an cleanliness i wouldnt recommend it

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Btar

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I experienced some of the same issues as others have reported. a) Though the website shows a lovely pool, a dip in which would have been appreciated on this hot week-end, it was empty and partially covered with a tired looking tarp and b) Though I was gone for 9 hours my room was not made up when I returned.
However, on a more positive note: I am empathetic to the struggles of a small, non-chain motel and I think these folks are trying. I had a renovated room. It was clean, odour free, a new bed and quality linens. My only complaint is the poor use of space. The edge of the toilet and the rim of the bath tub are only seven inches apart meaning that you have to sit on the toilet sideways! I am an average sized woman, 5'7", 160 lbs. To fuirther demonstate the poor design, adjecent to the bathroom is an unused space large enough to park an ATV!
I also thought it was a little over priced.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2012

After researching many motels, we were impressed with the Cadillacs website and the newly renovated rooms. Unfortunately the room assigned to us was not even remotely close to pictures displayed in the website, and in fact we thought we had arrived at the "Bates Motel". The smell of mold was overwhelming, and the bed was uncomfortable. The entire facility is in dire need of some TLC!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. Website is completely deceiving.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Familyof4Ottawa
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stopped here to check it out and because we were tired after a long day, we elected to stay. We shall not do so again. It is a tired, sad property, which was once very nice, but it has fallen into disrepair. That said, the room was tolerable and showed signs of some updating, but the basic fixtures were old and tired. The pool was closed and looked like it had not seen use in years. There were many sketchy looking characters coming and going in the 2 apartments that flank the place. We would neither recommend this place nor encourage tired travellers to part with almost $100 for this location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PKinNB
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Despite how it looks on the outside, the rooms here were actually not bad. The foreclosed restaurant next door and the leaf covered pool may be off-putting but the room itself seemed pretty modern. We had a king size bed, clean, crisp linens (with mints on our pillow!), mini-frig., coffee maker. We sat on the table/chairs outside our room and drank a beer while getting ready for dinner. Though the motel faces the road, they're far enough back that you can't hear the traffic. And the're pet friendly!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

Best place we've stayed at in ST. Albans so far. We've stayed at 3 other place around ST. Albans and this is the cleanest one so far. Nice and clean, up to data rooms. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank whitcomb4
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was thinking about staying here, so I dropped by and asked if I could inspect a room. The desk handed me a key and when I opened the door, mold was very evident. This would be very hard on my allergies and people with asthma. I realize that it may not be in every part of the hotel, but that's all I need to make a decision about a place.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
#1 of 2 in Fairfax
Back Inn Time
Back Inn Time
#1 of 1 in Saint Albans

Been to Cadillac Motel? Share your experiences!