“New England vacation 2013”
Review of Anthony's Diner

Anthony's Diner
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Greenbrier, Tennessee
“New England vacation 2013”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was recommended by travelers atop Mt Washington, NH that lived in lower VT and also hotel staff. I had the haddock dinner and It was delicious. All three of us enjoyed the food. Very good food and staff were so nice even though it was closing time when we finished our meals. They did not rush us and were so friendly. Highly recommend the Diner.

Visited August 2013

Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Passable But Not Great”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My friend and I wandered into Vermont while visiting the White Mountains and decided to find some poutine. We asked a waitress and she said they had it so we went inside. Typical small town diner ambiance. The menu looked good and the prices were reasonable. The poutine was not real poutine; cheddar cheese and the wrong gravy plus overcooked french fries. My hamburger (despite asking for medium) was char broiled. Yuck. The waitress never came over to ask how everything was and didn't even question why we didn't eat the burger. My friend liked his meatloaf and thought the cottage cheese side was pretty unique but he wasn't blown away either. Not somewhere that I'd return to.

• Visited September 2013
jwildman68
“Great food, a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We couldn't find anywhere else in what appeared to be a "ghost town" so we stopped in for a bite. The burgers are excellent and I assume their claim of grass fed beef is true. The desserts were outstanding, (apple crisp pie for my son and blueberry pie for me).
The service although very friendly was a bit disorganized. The food came and we still hadn't gotten the drinks. I saw they were poured, but not served. I am still quite impressed though and would recommend you give them a try!

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, NY
“Overworked waitress overshadows good food”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We walked in early afternoon to a packed diner being served by one waitress. She was obviously overworked and didn't seem to happy to see us. We did get steady, if unfriendly service. In her defense, she did warm up once a good part of the crowd cleared out, the problem obviously was trying to take care of a full restaurant alone. My other complaint were the prices, way too high for diner menu.

With that said I do have to compliment the cook. Everyone had good things to say about the meal, my bleu cheese burger special was very good and the skin on fries were hot and crisp. Too bad the service wasn't up to par.

• Visited August 2013
“We found just we needed.”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We were going to montreal and back from maine in a weekend. We ate a lot of fast food in our weekend. This was just the place they to stop. Simple food but amazing. A turkey sandwhich just how I would have made it for my self and very good blueberry pie. Clean bathrooms. We are hitting the road again refreshed. I am sure we will stop again someday.

• Visited August 2013